The Sr. Quality Engineer is responsible for the support of the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the control testing of packaging components, bulk, WIP, and finished goods. Work with the UP Production management and others as necessary. Assist UP in continuous improvement of manufacturing operations using problem solving tools and through component and finished goods inspection. Responsible for ensuring that suppliers and manufacturers (internal and external) of packaging components and finished goods provide the specified quality in accordance with the accepted L’Oréal methods and standards. The QE will identify and resolve quality related problems or issues that arise in process, systems, methods or procedures used to produce these components, WIP, or finished goods.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the listing below:
- Use of Quality Charts, control methods and standards (including the use of gages, instruments, personal computers and SPC tools) to determine cause and effect in quality problem solving;
- Know, understand, and implement L’Oréal rules;
- Knowledgeable of the Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, area work instructions, and test methods;
- Responsible for enduring testing performed by personnel is in compliance with DGO methods;
- Responsible for writing documents related to the Laboratory functions (work instructions, forms, etc.);
- Involved in the purchase and implementation of new lab equipment and their effect on quality;
- Troubleshoots non-conformance in components, bulk and finished goods proposes solutions;
- Good knowledge of ISO and GMP requirements;
- Ensure DGO/GMP compliance of UP by performing routine audits.
- Manages non-conformance/blocked lots of AC, PF, WIP, and Bulk;
- Interface between UP and provides input regarding corrective actions;
- Work to improve flow and efficiency of the laboratory;
- Perform Line validations;
- Manage OTC paperwork and investigation;
- Work with the UP to resolve production related issues;
- Responsible for safe practices in the laboratory;
- Responsible for taking part in SHAP assessments;
- Issues rejects on non-conforming lots;
- Responsible for verification of lab equipment;
- Interact closely with processing/production on daily production needs;
- Has the ability to perform varying functions (components, bulk, finished goods, etc.) of the lab;
- Understand the urgency of the business, and is able to serve the UP in a timely manner;
- Uphold the values of the Compass;
- Performs any other duties as directed.
- Actively engaged in the safety initiatives of the plant (MESURE, etc.)
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams
- Ability to learn statistical processes and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to perform various technical operations, automated equipment and PC skills in the department and in the plant
- Strong English verbal and written skills, French a plus
- Basic math and statistics
- Engineering approach to problem solving and strong training skills.
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed;
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, hairnets, gloves and steel-toed shoes.
Technical / Professional
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.