Senior Chemist – Development – Eye
Responsible for creative and technical aspects to fully develop and commercialize innovative eye makeup products with proven consumer perceived benefits. Ensure scalable quality and performance of all products from conception to market launch and beyond, while meeting all applicable deadlines and milestones. Work closely with marketing and innovative packaging groups in order to create a truly disruptive mix: formula + packaging.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Create new cosmetic products and new technologies by designing the formula and packaging to fully explore the potential benefits and disruption in the market.
- Follow through on all aspects of projects from conception to post-market launch surveillance.
- Work closely with marketing, packaging, scale-up and manufacturing, applied research and raw materials group/chemical suppliers to identify new raw materials and technologies with potential benefits for cosmetic applications.
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to find solutions to issues which may arise during product development and/or in anticipation of issues which may appear in scale up or manufacturing.
- Work closely with pre-development labs to ensure smooth transition of new products and technologies.
- Communicate and present the technology of new products to marketing and R&I colleagues at regular meetings within the company.
- Develop a deep working knowledge of consumer need gaps, marketing trends and about our competitor’s patent environments.
- Opportunity to lead a team of 1-3 formulators in the future after displaying solid people management potential.
- Oversee a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related sciences. Master’s Degree in these fields a plus
- 5+ years of cosmetic makeup formulation development. Eye formula development experience a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills. Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
- Hands-on experience to formulate emulsions and surfactant-focused products is a plus. Work with mascara, eyeliner and/or eyebrow products is a significant plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be willing to apply and wear mascara, eyeliner and eyebrow products daily.
- Creative and self-motivated. Be able to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.