Job title: Senior Project Manager, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Location: Florence, Kentucky
Reports to: Director – Human Resources
L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company, which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world. Working in L’Oréal Operations means working in an innovative, challenging, dynamic and diverse environment with the opportunity for cross-functional careers – from conception to consumer – in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operational Product Development. We have 42 factories and 145 distribution centers worldwide (12 factories and 33 distributions centers in the Americas). Close to 90% of all our products are manufactured in-house. L’Oréal Operations is committed to continuous improvement, people development, safety, quality and sustainability.
An exciting career opportunity for a dynamic, strategic, and project minded HR professional. This role is situated in Florence, Kentucky and offers a pivotal opportunity to shape the support landscape of our Manufacturing and Distribution Center. Your sphere of influence will extend to key leaders and client groups across our organization, necessitating strong collaboration both within the L'Oreal network and within the industry itself.
You will drive HR excellence by implementing people-centric solutions to significantly contribute to our organization's overall performance. This role encompasses a wide spectrum of impactful HR projects, including people strategies, organizational design, performance management, talent development, recruitment, training, compensation, compliance with governmental regulations, championing diversity & inclusion, and fostering employee engagement.
This role will drive the HR transformation within the Kentucky market in partnering with BEST (shared service center), COE’s, and will drive key projects across the broader organization, while executing site-specific activities.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Strategic Employee Development: You will support the site to develop an approach and execution plan for employee career development plans to drive personal and professional growth for our team members.
- Succession Planning Excellence: You will partner with the COE to develop a strategy to ensure we have a robust talent pipeline.
- Enhancing Organizational Effectiveness: You will wield your expertise to assess our organization for alignment with our business objectives in the areas of Integration, Productivity, Performance Management, Leadership Development, Process Improvement, and Retention Strategies
- Strategic Workforce Planning: You will evaluate and present recommendations for structural improvements that align with our business objectives, ensuring that our workforce is agile and responsive to evolving needs.
- Strategic Project Management: You will craft and execute strategic project plans, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and facilitating successful project delivery.
- Change Management: You will drive change management initiatives related to the HR transformation, facilitating seamless transitions and adoption of new processes.
- Cultural Leadership: You will be at the forefront of communicating and nurturing our desired organizational culture, vision, and values. Your role will involve providing training and facilitation as needed to support our cultural objectives.
- Entrepreneurially spirited, strong work ethic, and customer driven.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), influence, facilitation, organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a sense of curiosity, urgency, and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability. and responsiveness; ability to handle a fast-paced environment and operate with ambiguity.
- Strategic thinking and knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen with strong knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the operation and organization, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers; flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment.
- Change management with the ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required; master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of HR experience with demonstrated progression of growth.
- Prior demonstrated experience coaching and influencing senior leaders and management teams.
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups in a call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Experience in policy design, developing people concepts, along with ability to articulate and execute people strategies.
- Knowledge of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial experience with supporting P&L, including budget and trend process as well as head count management.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems).
Your extensive experience and strategic mindset will be instrumental in driving our HR function towards greater impact and effectiveness, aligning HR practices with our business imperatives, and ensuring our organization thrives in a competitive landscape.
This role requires daily on-site presence with occasional work-from-home flexibility and potential travel to other L’Oreal facilities as needed (up to 15%).
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays and more!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, and more!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.