Job Title: Sr. Manager, Business Insights/Category Management
Reports to: AVP, Category Development
Location: New York, NY
The Sr. Manager, Business Insights/Category Management, under the guidance of AVP, Category Development, is responsible for an in-depth understanding of all elements of the DSC category dynamics as it relates to the 4P’s (product, placement, price and promotion). Accountable for supporting the national account team by maintaining knowledge of the category, consumer, customer and competitive activity utilizing internal, syndicated, and secondary data to identify performance drivers and value-creating opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with sales, marketing ops, and DMI teams to understand consumer dynamics, business needs and report back out factors influencing the business.
- Exhibit constant sense of curiosity, highly motivated to gain insight/understanding of business and proactively comes up with opportunities/recommendations to move the business forward.
- Consistently aspires to bring additional sophistication, improvement & efficiency to the analysis of the DSC business.
- Assess category trends, analyze data and identify key customer/brand opportunities consistent with the overall business strategies.
- Lead development of category overviews and action plans for assigned customers, utilizing category management principles and strategies.
- Develop, distribute, and maintain key standard reporting.
- Serve as lead contact point and analytical support for national account teams. Work closely with account managers to provide business overview, opportunity analysis and sales stories.
- Requires a national perspective of the consumer packaged goods and beauty industry as well as experience in the mass retail environment
- Requires strategic thinking skills, creative and original in terms of new or improved methods, procedures or ideas regarding processes. Responsible for all assigned projects and objectives; works in collaboration with all internal departments and Field Sales.
- Performance based on meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules. Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet required deadlines.
- Contact with marketing managers, sales operations managers and other related functions and departments within New York as well as contact with Field sales and direct account interaction. This position will provide contact and interaction with senior leadership.
- 4 year college degree
- Strong knowledge and experience in IRI / Nielsen systems (experience with syndicated data a plus)
- Candidate should possess analytical experience, with a CPG background preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective Business Communication written and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Persuasive Presentation skills (visual and oral story telling)
- Industry knowledge
- Problem Solving
- L’Oreal Organizational knowledge
- Strategic Thinking
- Self-motivated and directed
- Able to balance internal and external customer demands
- Ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines
- Advanced computer skills in excel and powerpoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.