SR. MANAGER GENERAL LEDGER
L’Oreal Business Service Center – St. Petersburg, FL
We are the Accounting team at the L’Oreal Shared Services located in St. Petersburg, FL. We lead the completion of all the critical accounting transactions. We ensure the compliance of our methods and processes, and develop the reports that are used to share our results globally. We are always aiming to reach even greater heights in terms of accuracy and timing and are looking for exceptional Accounting professionals like you. Opportunity: Come join our dynamic team! We are currently actively looking for a:
SR. ACCOUNTING MANAGER GENERAL LEDGER
- Supporting all aspects of our accounting and reporting process.
- End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners.
- Insure the respect of the IFRS standards
- Understand internal control design concepts to assess the effectiveness of controls and design new effective processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Execute judgment and ensure the right decisions are reached to accurately report financial results.
- Drive projects, provide accounting guidance and often serve as first point of contact for finance and business partners to resolve issues.
- Manage General Ledger teams within the SSC
- Organize the department depending on workloads
- Dealing in ambiguity with the ability to reprioritize based on multiple business needs.
- Prioritization of tasks while providing active coaching to a team of talented individuals.
- Ensure the respect of all accounting norms and targeting accounting processes.
- Manage the organization of the Audit (task assignments, follow up of the correct documentation to auditors)
- Be in contact with the heads of accounting of entities or divisions
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and work closely with project management team
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ensure back-up for other key points of contact within General Ledger and Reporting teams in order to guarantee service continuity
- Manage and ensure back-up for General Ledger and Reporting teams in charge of transversal tasks: make sure planning are respected, help teams in operational tasks, etc.
- Ensure the respect of closing duration
- Be accountable for General Ledger KPIs and performance dashboards for the countries/divisions (group of brands); prepare action plans with the team member in charge of divisions/countries
- Participate in closing meetings with countries/divisions and the team members in charge of the country/division
- Prepare and participate in steering committees of the countries/divisions with the team member
- Ensure continuous improvement and implement Group guidelines
- Leverage accounting acumen to work with business leaders and process experts to identify risks and gaps through data analytics.
- Influence agile teams to improve deadlines along with high quality deliverables.
- Applies advanced vision to complex and significant technology and business initiatives.
- Works with multiple project teams to determine resources (people, equipment, materials) requirements and estimate cost of such resources within a project or program.
- Review General Ledger entries according to Group requirements: provision for risks and charges, journal entries for adjustments, pension…
- Review Balance Sheet, sub ledgers and trial balances for entities he/she is in charge of
- Review summary of variations of provisions
- Control Payroll entries
- Support with transversal tasks across different functions and divisions.
Accounting internal control
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures regarding General Ledger and Reporting
- Ensure legal requirements respect and service quality
- Ensure segregation of duties respect
- Ensure that financial communication respects Group standards
- BA / BS degree required, preferably in Accounting
- Current CPA license
- Minimum 10 years of experience in General Ledger accounting or group consolidation
- Minimum of 5 to 8 year experience in complex audit engagements
- Team management experience is mandatory
- Shared service center experience is appreciated
- Strong knowledge of accounting rules, standards and regulations
- Strong knowledge of accounting processes and internal control principles
- Respects deadlines and manages priorities effectively
- Effective communication – comfortable in presenting and explaining results to several counterparts (CFOs, Chief accountant, Accounting counterparts in NJ and France, etc.)
- Ability to perform analyses regarding monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate a diverse professional staff
- SAP experience preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, primarily advanced Excel skills
- Support the financial statement month-end close process through timely and effective review of journal entries, reconciliations and managing close deliverables
- Perform and oversee effectiveness for key financial controls
- Provide guidance and technical research to ensure proper IFRS compliance
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to enforce compliance on processes and accounting rules
- Consumer products company background preferred
- Must have strong people leadership skills and ability to manage a large team providing support to a hybrid organization
- Change management experience / Growth mindset
- Special projects as required
- Travel to New Jersey and Montreal, Canada is required (Approx. 5%)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Power BI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.