Job Title: Manager/Sr Manager, Innovation & Engineering Operations
Supervisor Title: VP, Luxe Fulfillment
FLSA status: Exempt
Location: Monmouth Junction, NJ
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
Drive technical innovation and enable the execution of the Luxe Fulfillment Centers Operations through engineering support, maintenance excellence and facilities management. Transform the fulfillment centers into strategic hubs for the Luxe network and establish the centers as a flagship for fulfillment innovation. Create an inclusive, collaborative workspace that serves as a destination for Supply Chain and Operations talent. Help develop, lead, and sustain the Luxe Network’s continuous improvement culture while collaborating with cross-functional leadership and team members to meet the needs of the consumer and achieve business and sustainability objectives.
- Strategize and execute the integration of new fulfillment technologies.
- Accountable for capital expenditure.
- Create collaborative, inclusive workspaces for supply chain and operations employees, including but not limited to the modernization of workspaces, communication, services and accessibility
- Responsible for Engineering Operations including but not limited to Facilities management and Maintenance Excellence.
- Strategize and execute long term facility and property utilization
Oversees the functioning of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and waste management.
- Develop and monitor budgets and approves contracts
- Oversees contractors involved in facility projects and delivery of services. Ensures building operations compliance with all local zoning laws and regulations.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Maintenance Excellence, including but not included to the following tasks:
- Establish effective maintenance procedures including preventive and predictive maintenance programs;
- Recruit, train, coach, and develop the technical staff;
- Manage, assist, or effect the procurement of new equipment or spare parts
- Maintain an effective labor/employee relations environment
- Develop, implement, and oversee all necessary record systems
- Manage, implement, and support all L'Oreal policies
- Develops, manages, executes, and supports continuous improvement projects focusing on EHS & Security, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Service, and People
- Bachelor’s of Science, in an Engineering discipline
- 10 Years of experience in distribution or manufacturing environment, preferred in technical management, TPM methodology & LEAN principles
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills including the ability to develop a team of engineers and maintenance professionals
- Demonstrate the L’Oreal competencies including but not limited to creative problem solving, decision making, achievement orientation, cultivation of talent and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and influence a wide array of personnel from distribution floor employees to senior management, and across supply chain functions
- Demonstrated ability in leading an operation through a significant transition or transformation; delivering under difficult situations, adapting to new work environments and able to deliver results quickly
- Demonstrated understanding of successful change management and principles of design
- Proven leadership skills, project management skills, and business acumen
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally
- Ability to manage in complex situations, often needing to deliver innovative results quickly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.