Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Senior Manager, US Marketing (Skincare)
Function: Marketing - IT Cosmetics US
Division: L’OREAL Luxe
Supervisor Title: AVP, Marketing
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Section 2: Job Summary:
The Senior Manager, US Marketing plays a key role in the development, implementation and presentation of the Skincare marketing strategies within the It Cosmetics brand. They are responsible for implementing the marketing strategy including launch plans, promotional calendars, category analysis and forecasting while controlling costs and managing profits and loss. They will work closely with marketing management to create, develop, execute, and evaluate new product launches and promotional marketing programs to support the brand.
- Develop robust 360 plans for new launches and existing core items & partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure flawless execution of plans
- Maintain national calendar of all key activity on category
- Maintain accurate and dynamic monthly forecasts for all products within category scope and attend monthly Retail Alignment/Pre-Consensus meetings to align on forecast with Demand Planning & Sales partners
- Work with Global marketing team to influence new product launches/campaigns & lead dimensioning process and strategic retail pricing
- Review Global discontinuation list bi-annually and analyze impact on business; Work closely with Demand Planning and Sales partners to communicate out all adds and deletes; Track sales impact of discontinutions
- Own category sampling budget and efficiently and strategically allocate samples in partnership with O+O (Online-Offline Lead). Work with external sampling and review pre-seeding partners (i.e. Ipsy, PowerReviews, Brandshare, etc.) to develop and execute plans for new launches and core products
- Partner closely with Global Marketing and Ulta Sales team on the development and execution of all IT Brushes for Ulta launches; Lead development of IT Brushes for Ulta Holiday assortment in direct collaboration with Development team
- Prepare presentations for internal (senior management) & external (retailer-facing) meetings
- Stay abreast of competitive landscape and category dynamics across mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow, eyeshadow, lipstick, lip gloss, & applicator (brush) subcategories
- Partner with Consumer Engagement (Social, PR & Influencer) team to ensure that category priorities are supported across all owned and earned channels
- Drive business objectives by partnering closely with D2C e-commerce team on both new product launches and brand initiatives/tentpoles (i.e. Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day)
- Own creative vision for all product display pages (PDPs) across D2C site and Amazon; Partner closely with O+O and eKAMs to translate vision to all e-retailers
- Work closely with CRM lead to ensure that category priorities are reflected in e-mail, SMS, etc.
- Analyze and comment on both weekly and monthly POS and NPD sales data
- Track and report on new launch performance
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7+ years operational marketing experience, preferably on Skincare
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
Offers judgment and opinions on marketing strategy of team. Requires moderate supervision in decision-making.
Section 5: Financial Scope:
- Responsible for execution of annual budget and tracking all trends. Works with finance to reconcile budget trends vs. actuals for areas within brand responsibility: samples, print, displays, testers and special events.
Section 6: Required Competencies
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning)
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.