Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Sr. Technician - Facilities
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor Title: Engineering Manager
Location: L’Oréal USA North America
Section 2: Job Summary:
Operate as a team member of the plant facilities group, responsible for all building, utility, and site systems. Monitor and maintain plant utility supply of deionized and chilled water, low pressure steam, compressed air, bulk materials and waste water. Perform water chemical testing for boilers, waste water, and chillers and to maintain accurate records. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on plant utilities equipment generated from a CMMS system. Interact well with outside contractors and vendors.
Troubleshoot plant electrical control, lighting, plumbing and HVAC systems. Monitor and maintain the plant fire sprinkler system, including fire pump, and the alarm monitoring panel. Perform routine calibrations of plant instruments, including level gauges, flow meters, temperature, and pressure indicators. Read and utilize ladder logic programs, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and general blueprints. Maintain/ coordinate repairs to all plant utility piping and electrical systems.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
3-5 years’ experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting (education plus experience, including military technical training);
Able to understand mechanical drawings, P & ID's and electrical schematics;
Knowledge of proper wiring procedures, circuit diagrams and electrical power for single and three phase systems;
Knowledge of troubleshooting PLC based control systems;
Knowledge of HVAC systems, building protection and facility maintenance desirable;
Must be willing to work overtime
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
Decisions made by the Facilities Mechanic can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
Delivery: The ability of the facilities mechanic to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
Cost: Operation of the facilities mechanic activities according to the standards ensure that cost to produce is aligned with the financials.
Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:
Occasional lifting up to 50lbs;
Continuous movement throughout the plant
Section 6: Financial Scope:
Annual Budget Responsibility: $N/A
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $N/A
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
1. Monitor and maintain plant utility supplies of deionized water, low pressure steam, compressed air, waste water and chilled water.
2. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on plant equipment.
3. Perform water chemical testing for boilers, waste water, and chillers to maintain accurate records.
4. Troubleshoot plant electrical control, lighting, plumbing and HVAC systems.
5. Monitor and maintain the plant fire sprinkler system, including fire pump, various system instruments and controls, and the alarm monitoring panel.
6. Coordinate calibrations of plant instruments, including level gauges, flow meters, temperature, and pressure indicators.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
2. Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
3. Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
4. Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
5. Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
6. Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model.
7. Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.