About NYX Cosmetics
NYX Cosmetics, named after the Greek goddess who ruled the night and symbolized beauty and power, is known for high-quality, professional makeup at accessible prices. A leader in the massive color cosmetics industry, NYX is defined by exceptional quality products with rich pigments and high payoff. Featuring a range of classic, seasonal, and on-trend cosmetics, NYX is a must-have among beauty lovers and professional makeup artists. The brand began with artistic inspiration, a single product and a vision. While headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles, NYX is a global brand available in over 70 countries at thousands of retailers consisting of specialty beauty and fashion stores, freestanding shops, and beauty supply stores as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com.
The Store Manager is responsible for leading and motivating the store team to achieve store productivity goals, ensure flawless customer experience from start to finish while being responsible for operational excellence. Analyzes week to date, month to date, year to date sales and develops action plans to drive business growth. Manages overall P&L, including payroll, to ensure store’s contributions are meeting or exceeding target. Ensures the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively while providing ongoing training and development. Evaluates on-going personnel needs, actively recruiting and hiring top talent. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency, compliance while maintaining a store that is always representative of the NYX brand.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assumes overall responsibility of the store.
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs.
- Demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including a passion for beauty and self-expression, driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, operational excellence, inventory control and follow up with customers.
- Ensure company standards are met for store and associate appearance at all times.
- Prioritizes, plans, and adjusts schedules as necessary to maximize sales.
- Hires to the needs of the business, actively recruiting to ensure open positions are filled quickly.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all merchandising direction, campaigns, and sales promotions in a timely manner.
- Coaches team in the moment, providing consistent and constructive feedback.
- Ensures staff is trained and knowledgeable in beauty, product, customer service, merchandising and operations.
- Manages and assesses staff performance through consistent feedback, coaching, development plans, and performance appraisals.
- Forecasts/reforecasts business, focusing on productivity to meet sales goals.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures, including health, safety, and security.
- Manages store controlled expenses to budget, identifying opportunities to increase contribution.
- Manages and controls shrink.
- Regularly communicates with District Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
- Identifies opportunities to drive traffic into the store through community and/or industry events.
- Creates customer loyalty and creates and maintains relationships with community.
- Ensures pricing, signage, and displays are correct at all times.
- Maintains acceptable levels of merchandise based on turns, at all times.
- Participate cross functionally with the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, with a perspective of the impact on people.
· 3-5 years’ experience in retail store management
· Able to communicate at a high level both verbal and written.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen.
· Proven leadership track record.
· Proven operation excellence
· Passion for beauty.
· Proficiency in Word and Excel.
· Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
· Demonstrates flexibility and initiative with minimal direction.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.