Job Description Form
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Function: Physical Flows
FLSA status: Exempt
Division: Consumer Products Division
Supervisor Title: Operations Manager
Shift: 3rd shift
Section 2: Job Summary
Supervise all MMS II activity including case pick, layer pick, and the flow of material throughout the distribution center, while ensuring all safety, quality, and productivity objectives are well understood and enforced. Maintain all equipment and supplies necessary to sustain operations. Focus on customer service with additional emphasis around maintaining an accurate inventory. Achieve and sustain outstanding results by building a winning team of actively engaged employees offering solid direction, coaching, and support.
Section 3: Job Requirements
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent, bachelor degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years experience in a warehouse / manufacturing environment, supervising forklift drivers is a plus
Experience with WMS, with an emphasis on inventory control, SAP experience is a plus
Knowledge/Skills: Efficient with Microsoft Office, prior leadership experience preferred
Section 4: Judgement and Decision Making
Decisions made by Supervisors can directly impact the overall performance of the business. Every Supervisor must be able to make decisions with only moderate involvement from management.
Safety, security, sustainability, and quality are core responsibilities. Supervisors work proactively to accomplish the safety objective, zero enlarged accidents, while maintaining security around the site. They make sound judgements and decisions in the best interest of our environment and in line with LOREAL’s sustainability vision. Supervisors demonstrate integrity when making decisions that impact the quality of our work with customers and protect the overall image of LOREAL.
Continuous improvement is the expectation. Supervisors are expected to optimize the performance of their team through sound judgement and decision making, flexibility and simplification are essential. Decisions should be made with the intention of lowering total landed costs by reducing indirect spending and managing productivity.
Customer service is a priority. Supervisors should make decisions that meet all customer demands; delivering quality orders to our customers on time. Decisions made on a daily basis should always consider our customers’ expectations. Supervisors should actively contribute to our agility and speed up to market initiatives.
Employees are our most important resource. Supervisor judgements and decisions that impact employee morale should always be in line with all of our policies and procedures; communication and consistency are essential.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Sitting / Computer Work - 35%
Standing - 10%
Walking - 30%
Lifting - 5%
Reaching - 5%
Bending - 5%
Climbing - 5%
Twisting - 5%
Section 6: Financial Scope: N/A
Annual Budget Responsibility: $0
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $0
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
Percent of Time
1. Supervises all MMS II activity including the flow of material throughout the distribution center, while maximizing the use of all resources to meet customer demands; meets operational objectives and contributes information to strategic plans and reviews; implements and enforces safety, security, environment, quality, cost, productivity, and customer service standards; resolves problems; identifying operational improvements
2. Accomplishes employee development and team building objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, recognizing, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job performance; recommending merit ratings; adhering to policies and procedures
3. Certified to operate all equipment used by direct staff; operates all equipment based on business requirements; conducts equipment training, certification, and re-certification for all members of the team; keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshoots breakdowns; calls for repairs; schedules preventative maintenance within the overall strategic maintenance plan
4. Maintains a clean and orderly operation, including all storage areas by organizing floor space; adheres to storage design principles; recommends improvements
5. Maintains inventory by supporting physical counts; reconciling variances; making accurate system transactions; investigates inventory issues seeking to understand and prevent future errors; ensures proper stock placement and rotation within the warehouse and systems consistent with established inventory method principles
6. Supervise vendor/sub-contractor activity
Section 8: Required Competencies
1. Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
2. Must have the ability and willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
3. Must deliver outstanding results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
4. Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
5. Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
6. Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How model.
7. Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
NOTE: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.