Position Overview: We are looking to build our community of Manufacturing Supervisors across all shifts! As a Supervisor, you will report into a Cell Manager and supervise either Processing or Packaging, and be responsible for ensuring that our production schedule is executed in a manner fully aligned with our Quality, Safety, Environment and Employee standards.
- Supervise a team of Packaging Machine Operators, Packaging Mechanics or a team of employees within the Processing Department (Pre-weighers, Processors)
- Execute the production plan, ensuring total compliance with all departmental, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
- Assist in employee development through coaching to support cell achievement goals as defined by Management.
- Embraces a coaching culture, ensures development of both technical and professional competencies for team through proper training in methods and procedures that maximize the efficient operation of the cell.
- Responsible for daily management fundamentals to include organization of team meetings, development of action plans to improve key performance indicators, setting priorities, presentation of results, top down bottom up communications.
- Implementation and participation of the identified best practices.
- Participation in the emergency response team.
- Reporting of safety and quality incidents.
- Support of and reporting of Labor planning.
- Inventory accuracy.
- Sets clear goals, coaches, conducts performance reviews and counsels employees
- Sets the standard to ensure an open and effective employee relations environment within the cell.
- Provide shift leadership and makes daily production and shift decisions.
- Encourages employee engagement.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a strong preference for engineering or business administration.
- 1-3 years of previous supervisory experience required in a manufacturing environment, preferably the cosmetics industry.
- Computer skills, to include experience with Microsoft Office – spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.