This is an 8 hour and 15 min schedule ( Sunday night-Friday morning) 3rd shift (10:30pm-6:45am)
As the Production Supervisor you will lead and coach a team of 8-15 packaging operators to ensure the daily operational needs are achieved to meet production schedules. You’ll be accountable for the execution of production plan ensuring full alignment with our Quality, Safety, Environment and Performance standards. You’ll lead and implement continuous improvement projects in processes, procedures, equipment, and team. Set priorities for the packaging staff and hold the team accountable for meeting production goals.
What your day will look like:
- Provide team leadership to execute daily production and shift decisions. Responsible for daily management fundamentals to include organization of team meetings, creation, and development of action plans to improve key performance indicators, setting priorities and presentation of results.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of talent for department/plant. Set clear goals, coach, conduct performance reviews and counsel employees. Provide employee development through coaching of both technical and professional competencies for team through proper training in methods and procedures that maximize the efficient operation of production floor
- Lead Autonomous Maintenance (AM) implementation and routines
- Lead Root Cause Analyses autonomously individually and with teams
- Member of ERT to respond to emergency situations. Responsible for coordinating response to emergency situations i.e. hazardous spills, power outages, medical emergencies, critical maintenance response, etc.
- Report safety and quality incidents and lead investigations (root cause analysis) to understand why and correct.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects and projects to eliminate losses and improve manufacturing operations. Train and assist all personnel in skills and procedures that enable maximizing the efficient conduct of manufacturing operations.
- Ensure “Good Manufacturing Practices” (G.M.P.) Implementation of continuous improvement and/or optimization projects including 5S, TPM, SMED, Line optimization, Waste reduction etc.
- Manage, support and report labor. Manage production plan, line coverage, and vacation time for your crew.
- Make decisions on temporary labor support. Maintain appropriate records and complete computerized labor system to reconcile reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure inventory management of zones; organize and improve material flow to eliminate losses and improve production efficiencies.
- Communicate clearly across all levels, shifts, departments and external to plant to ensure information is shared in regards to overall production, safety and quality.
- Manage and implement all L’Oreal policies and procedures including but not limited to, the Corporation’s Equal Employment Policy, safety and health procedures, etc.
- Implementation and participation of the identified best practices.
- Report daily and monthly performance results.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline, Business Administration or 5 years manufacturing experience with exposure to supervising/leading teams, preferably in a Consumer Goods industry.
- Computer skills, to include experience with Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Exposure to Continuous Improvement tools (i.e. TPM, Lean, and/or Six Sigma) is preferred.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to make autonomous decisions without cell managers, escalates effectively, and understands how decisions impact business.
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Lifting, bending required, high amount of walking
- Acts/leads with human sensitivity
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Manages complexity
- Interacts effectively
Please Note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Learn about L’Oreal for the Future- our commitment to sustainability https://youtu.be/Dq_fFzUqwSY
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR