Join our Manufacturing 4.0 teams!
12-month apprenticeship starting September 2021
Joining L'Oréal means above all discovering a true industrial company delivering more than 7 billion products worldwide every year.
By joining the Manufacturing 4.0 teams, you will deep dive in Operations, whose metiers contribute to the growth of L'Oréal, from product development, sourcing, production to the distribution of all the Group's products. As an ally of the brands, Operations always develops and seeks the most agile, innovative, efficient and responsible solutions to meet the specific requirements and diversity of consumers.
A taste of your daily life in Manufacturing 4.0?
It is 10:30 AM, Steven finishes a call about the implementation of an agile tool to customize products at the end of a manufacturing line. Next meeting: his manager asks him to benchmark digital and 4.0 innovations to increase the efficiency and agility of our factories. Right after, he has to make the list of technological best practices of our industrial sites to facilitate the digitalization of our distribution centers. Virtual reality, drone, collaborative robotics are now part of Steven's daily life at L'Oréal!
As Steven, you dream of rethinking manufacturing. You want to participate in the transformation of L'Oréal’s industrial world? You want to do your apprenticeship in a leading Beauty Tech company? Our aships are made for you!
As the world is moving so fast, as our consumers’ expectations are changing, as technology is revolutionizing factories and as distribution channels are changing, L'Oréal is facing plenty of new challenges!
At L’Oréal Operations, we must be facilitators of the digital transformation and we must ensure the same level of operational excellence while dealing with all those evolutions: the ever-shorter time-to-market, e-commerce, Retail development and so on.
Some examples of missions you might have:
· Participate in the Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0 projects
· Act as an in-house consultant for different métiers regarding digital transformation and industry 4.0
· Be expert, follow trends and constantly watch over the different practices of our competitors, our suppliers, start-ups...
· Be on the lookout for new technologies by following the CES, Vivatech, The Web, Hannover Messe
· Innovate, benchmark and propose recommendations to métiers
· Install and program a new cobot to automatise personnalisation processes wihtin our R&I team
· And innovate, go further: bring your own ideas and impact!
What is in for you?
· 12 months surrounded by passionate teams
· A learning experience where you can stretch yourself personally and professionally
· A lot of challenges and opportunities to be seized and as many responsibilities to take
· The opportunity to innovate and create the products of tomorrow
· Gratification depending on your profile
What do you need to apply?
· Business School / Engineering School / University
What qualities will help you land the Alternance?
· Convincing. You explain your ideas clearly, based on sound reasoning.
· Entrepreneurial. You like to try new things and discover new ways of doing things!
· Team player. You have excellent interpersonal skills and easily find your place in a team.
· Open-minded. You exchange on your ideas and integrate the opinions of others in order to find the optimal solution.
· Creative. You like to think outside the box and propose innovative solutions.
· Data champion. Working with data holds no more secrets for you!
Want to apply?
Here are the next steps!
1. Click on "Apply now", fill in your details and upload your CV (a cover letter is not necessary!):
2. You will then talk to MYA, our chatbot, to make sure you meet all the necessary administrative requirements (don't worry, this is not an interview),
3. You will receive a link by e-mail in order to answer 3 questions via our artificial intelligence tool Seedlink, whose answers allow us to evaluate your cultural "fit" with L'Oréal (after a week without a response to Seedlink, your application may not be processed by our teams!).
If your CV is selected, you will be invited to a telephone interview with a recruiter. This is an exploratory discussion to get to know you better and identify the job, the field, the division relevant for you.
Last step if the exploratory interview is positive: you will have the opportunity to meet your potential future manager for a second and final interview to discuss the missions entrusted to you. This interview can take place during a collective recruitment event if you are available, or during a more traditional individual interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much responsibility will I have as an apprentice?
As an apprentice at L’Oréal, you will be welcomed as a full member of a team, with your scope and responsibilities. Of course, you will not be alone: your manager will provide you with objectives and a vision. However, to succeed you will need to keep in mind that you play the main part in your journey and future projection in the Group. Entrepreneurship spirit is key J
What about the integration process?
During the first days of your apprenticeship, you will meet many people from your team, and other functions in order to broaden your vision of the Group’s challenges and help you to success in your job. All interns and apprentices will have access to inspiring speakers, learning opportunities and possibilities to connect!
Will I have a chance to land a job after my apprenticeship?
We take our interns and apprentices very seriously. So yes, it is our ultimate goal! In average, each year, former interns and apprentices fulfill 70% of our junior job needs. A very large number of our current employees at all levels have come through this type of experience. Near the end of your internship/apprenticeship, you will undergo a collective assessment to be considered for our open positions as well as our selective Operations Graduate Program (our 1-year rotational program 100% dedicated to Operations functions!).
I do not know anything about cosmetics: do I stand a chance?
Less than one-third of our interns have had previous experiences in the beauty industry. We give more credit to other essential qualities such as entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and the ability to question and dare.
Can you tell me a bit more about L’Oréal?
Zoom in on the Operationsbusiness lines and watch our testimonials on YouTube.
Discover our social and environmental commitment, and how we aim to be a catalyst for change in the beauty industry and beyond with L’Oréal for the Future