The Body Shop Management Trainee Scheme - EMEA Commercial Function
Based: The Body Shop® International
Starting Salary: £30,000 + Excellent employee benefits
Start date: June 2017
Programme: 13 Months including time in store
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex
We realise that people are different; that’s why we’ll create an individually tailored management training programme just for you.
Each year we offer up to 30 graduates from all different degree disciplines, the opportunity to join our programme across 5 business areas. The scheme lasts for thirteen months and is made up of two to three placements across a variety of different roles, thereby giving you a unique overview of how different functions and divisions operate. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong foundation in your career with us.
Real Opportunities in Commercial
This role will support one of The Body Shop’s zones - Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). To gain a greater understanding of the relationship between the Commercial and our Supply Chain teams, this placement will include two rotations within EMEA Commercial, one within our European Retail Markets and another within our Wholesale Franchise markets across the rest of the zone. Finally one rotation within our International Supply Chain team.
To drive L’Oréal’s growth in this highly competitive market, it is important that as a commercial graduate you are results-driven because you will monitor sales, identify new business opportunities and draft persuasive rationales for new product listings and promotions.
Being a natural communicator is also crucial because our commercial people need to effectively negotiate with our customers and build lasting relationships with them.
You will also need to be analytically minded because your aim will be to increase L’Oréal’s market share and have the foresight and strategic thinking to develop your own business.
Supply Chain Rotation
The Body Shop Supply Chain is the beating heart of our business and if you want to learn about how to run an effective supply chain process from some of the best in the business then this is the place to do it.
By liaising with our various factories across Europe, you will get the opportunity to work closely with the Marketing and Commercial teams to accurately forecast the potential of our products and maximise service levels to our customers, all the while endeavouring to reduce costs and keeping to budget.
From the beginning, we would expect you to display curiosity and innovation to come up with ideas to improve processes. You will get the opportunity to spend time in our Distribution Centre to see how things work first hand and even with our Direct or Indirect Sourcing teams.
Some of our recent Commercial Graduates have been given a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Produce analysis & recommendations required to maximise sales, promotions and pricing
- Contribute to forecasting activities to promote accurate sales volume
- Look at category analysis to provide insight into category performance across a variety of countries
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in a number of international markets
We’re a hard-working bunch but we also take care of our employees. So, with us, you’ll enjoy more than a competitive salary. You will be given real responsibility to work on international projects and work closely with senior stakeholders within the business. You will be exposed to different teams through cross-functional working and encouraged to share your ideas and new ways of working.
We are proud of our culture of learning and therefore you will receive a tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success. Part of your induction programme will include spending a month in one of our retail stores to truly understand our customers and familiarise yourself with our product ranges.
To apply, it is essential you have:
- Attained or are in the process of attaining a minimum 2:1 bachelor's level qualification
- Are eligible to work in the UK
- A desire to make things better for our customers, our community trade providers and the planet
Out of our 2015 graduate intake:
- The majority of our graduates had demonstrated leadership whilst at university
- All had tangible achievements over and above the norm
- Many of them spoke a second language and were keen to have an international career
- All had strong analytical skills
- Many had previous relevant work experience or had completed an internship
- All had managed complex projects whilst at university or at work
- All were curious and enthusiastic, and looked to be challenged on a daily basis
The anticipated date for our Management Trainee assessment centres will be February 2017, however, we will conduct telephone interviews before this date.