The Body Shop Management Trainee Scheme - Digital
Based: The Body Shop® International
Starting Salary: £30,000 + Excellent employee benefits
Start date: June 2017
Programme: 13 Months including time in store
Location: East Croydon, London
We realise that people are different; that’s why we’ll create an individually tailored management training programme just for you.
Each year we offer up to 30 graduates from all different degree disciplines, the opportunity to join our programme across 5 business areas. The scheme lasts for thirteen months and is made up of two to three placements across a variety of different roles, thereby giving you a unique overview of how different functions and divisions operate. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong foundation in your career with us.
Real Opportunities in Digital
Digital is a priority for The Body Shop® over the next three years. For the first time ever we are offering a Digital Management Trainee role to support our Digital strategy across E-commerce, digital, CRM, loyalty and in-store technology, with the aim to enhance our end consumers' experience. This placement will work with colleagues across the business and help to deliver against our Digital roadmap.
You will be someone who loves to make things happen and gets excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems at pace.
The Digital Management Trainee will be given exposure across a number of areas including:
- The Digital Product Roadmap - support execution of our digital and technology strategy
- Digital analytics and search data – use this to identify opportunities across all areas of digital including SEO, Social Media, Display and Partnerships
- Digital product knowledge - Provide and insight for colleagues across our business
- The link between technical platform and decision making
- Work alongside technical teams to support designing new services, launch new digital products and enhance existing site functionality that our customers will love
- Provide input into the training materials used by International Digital and training teams to train the wider business on new products or features
- Develop strong activation ideas to express the brand on web and social through organic and paid content
- Produce high quality digital assets, respecting time and budget constrains
We’re a hard-working bunch but we also take care of our employees. So, with us, you’ll enjoy more than a competitive salary. You will be given real responsibility to work on international projects and work closely with senior stakeholders within the business. You will be exposed to different teams through cross-functional working and encouraged to share your ideas and new ways of working.
We are proud of our culture of learning and therefore you will receive a tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success. Part of your induction programme will include spending a month in one of our retail stores to truly understand our customers and familiarise yourself with our product ranges.
To apply, it is essential you have:
- Attained or are in the process of attaining a minimum 2:1 bachelor's level qualification
- Are eligible to work in the UK
- A desire to make things better for our customers, our community trade providers and the planet
Out of our 2015 Graduate intake:
- The majority of our graduates had demonstrated leadership whilst at university
- All had tangible achievements over and above the norm
- Many of them spoke a second language and were keen to have an international career
- All had strong analytical skills
- Many had previous relevant work experience or had completed an internship
- All had managed complex projects whilst at university or at work
- All were curious and enthusiastic, and looked to be challenged on a daily basis
The anticipated date for our Management Trainee assessment centres will be February 2017, however we will conduct telephone interviews before this date.