The Body Shop Management Trainee Scheme - Finance Function
Based: The Body Shop® International
Starting Salary: £30,000 + excellent employee benefits
Start date: June 2017
Programme: 13 months including time in store
Location: Littlehampton, West Sussex
We realise that people are different; that’s why we’ll create an individually tailored management training programme just for you.
Each year we offer up to 30 graduates from all different degree disciplines, the opportunity to join our programme across 5 business areas. The scheme lasts for thirteen months and is made up of two to three placements across a variety of different roles, thereby giving you a unique overview of how different functions and divisions operate. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong foundation in your career with us.
Real Opportunities in Finance
In L'Oréal, Finance is at the heart of our decision making and our Finance team forms an integral part of our management teams. Finance is a delocalised function and sits alongside the Sales, Marketing and Operational teams.
Your rotations will encompass exposure to different Finance disciplines including Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Internal Controls, and could delve into Accounting & Reporting for a specific Zone or Market.
We would expect you to be results driven with highly tuned analytical skills. Attention to detail is paramount and you will be expected to gain a thorough understanding of the business environment in which your placement takes place.
You will also need to demonstrate an initiative to contribute your ideas to the team in which you operate.
That's why we look for people who thrive in an environment where their financial knowledge is utilised to get results.
Some of our recent Finance Graduates have been given a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Researching and planning a strategy on how to save costs in paying suppliers and presenting this to senior management for company-wide rollout
- Managing the budget for a brand worth over £2.5M
- Manage and control costs for a specific area throughout the year
- Ad hoc analysis for shareholders
- Participation to budget and trend construction (planning and forecasting quarterly)
- Follow up PO process
- Monthly financial closing (accruals and journals)
- Monthly Financial reporting to Business Partners
We’re a hard-working bunch but we also take care of our employees. So, with us, you’ll enjoy more than a competitive salary. You will be given real responsibility to work on international projects and work closely with senior stakeholders within the business. You will be exposed to different teams through cross-functional working and encouraged to share your ideas and new ways of working.
We are proud of our culture of learning and therefore you will receive a tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success. Part of your induction programme will include spending a month in one of our retail stores to truly understand our customers and familiarise yourself with our product ranges.
To apply, it is essential you have:
- Attained or are in the process of attaining a minimum 2:1 bachelor's level qualification
- Are eligible to work in the UK
- A desire to make things better for our customers, our community trade providers and the planet
Out of our 2015 graduate intake:
- The majority of our graduates had demonstrated leadership whilst at university
- All had tangible achievements over and above the norm
- Many of them spoke a second language and were keen to have an international career
- All had strong analytical skills
- Many had previous relevant work experience or had completed an internship
- All had managed complex projects whilst at university or at work
- All were curious and enthusiastic, and looked to be challenged on a daily basis
Please note, the anticipated date for our Management Trainee assessment centres will be February 2017. However, we will conduct telephone interviews before this date