POSITION TITLE: Territory Development Manager – PPD Brands
REPORTS TO: AVP Territory Development
LOCATION: Field (St. Louis, MO Area)
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Territory Development Manager is responsible for supporting the sale of all PPD brands (multi-branded) in the sub-distribution channel by focusing on the development of salon business, growing in-store and outside sales in a designated geographical area. The Territory Development Manager reports to the Assistant Vice President, Territory Development.
TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverages PPD and SalonCentric resources and assets to realize PPD sales growth in territory by expanding existing accounts and generating new accounts; responsible for achieving sell-in and sell-through goals for PPD products.
- Partners with distributor sales consultants (DSCs), StateRDA stores and salons to achieve brand goals and objectives as determined with brand Business Development Managers (BDMs) and AVP Territory Development.
- Manages strategic sell-in, special buys, and pre-selling of all major launches and initiatives presented by the brands.
- Works with salons to increase service to retail sales, pre-booking and other business methods supported by Summit.
- Coordinates planning and execution of in-store and in-salon educational programs to meet sub-distributor sales objectives and support launches/promotions within territory; develops educational calendar; schedules and books educational events.
- Works with StateRDA owners, DSCs and store employees to schedule and coordinate brand programs within territory including sales meetings and other special events; executes monthly sales meetings and webinars to motivate, educate and influence PPD brand placement.
- Provides support to sub-distribution field sales including sales consultant ride-alongs, detailing, special account calls and national initiatives; facilitates local trainings of sales consultants and store employees as needed.
- Creates and tracks local promotions and programs for stores in territory using budgets established with Brands and AVP; communicates promotions and initiatives in a timely and consistent manner.
- Works with Director Business Development on sales forecasts; coordinates forecasting and presells with Manager PPD Brand Support.
- Attends and supports national shows and sales conferences, quarterly regional planning meetings, and distributor shows and events as directed.
- Manages educational fuel, travel expense and other operational budgets.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed by AVP.
- Proven sales expertise (2-3 years minimum experience) with exceptional presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to master and maintain full comprehension of brand education norms and processes, business platforms and business resources, and to effectively support the culture and distribution strategy of each brand.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to effectively manage budgets and T&E expenditures
- Ability to manage multiple projects and commitments, organizing efficiently, managing time effectively, and adapting to complex and/or shifting priorities
- At least 2-3 years of experience with a beauty products distributor highly desirable
- Proficiency in essential business technologies including MS Office and digital selling aids
- Valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to travel heavily within territory (65-75%) as well as outside territory when required
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate business needs outside of normal working hours when required
- Must live within the assigned territory
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.