JOB TITLE: Transportation Ops Analyst
FUNCTION: Corporate Transportation
LOCATION: Cranbury, NJ
Supporting Transportation Operations, working within a team controlling the flow of product to end user customers and inbound to our distribution centers. Uses logistics experience and expertise to plan, optimized, route and tender transportation effectively and most efficiently as possible. Identifies and resolved day to day tactical operations performance issues. Develops processes to ensure a cost-effective, high service approach to order and logistics issue resolution. Position requires an individual who thinks analytically and can plan ahead or decide on the spot in demanding and rapidly changing situations while maintaining professionalism. Position requires working on own authority, but will rely on manager when necessary for final authority or questions.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the area of responsibility within the group.
- Provide resolution and for routing exceptions and delays.
- Monitor transportation systems and reports for discrepancies and incomplete activity in support of Operations team and direct carrier partners in required remedies.
- Support service delivery to manufacturing, distribution and vendor sites within operating region
- Proactively updates internal customers on delayed shipments or vendor issues.
- Plans/builds daily routing of loads based on freight distribution to customers and from vendors based on required delivery dates/times
- Ensures adherence to plan and that all loads are picked-up on-time and delivered on-time to scheduled customers based on customer requirements; also plans and ensures that last minute customer demands to deliver additional freight are met
- Identifies and executes best delivery methods to control cost and service
- Uses judgment and decision-making to ensure service levels are achieved
- Coordinates backhauls, multi-stop and consolidation opportunities to reduce overall transportation cost
Operational and Financial Administration
- Accountable for relevant transportation input into SOPs and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Ensure compliance with freight pay and manual invoice processes
- Conduct audits validating compliance to L’Oréal processes
Analytics and Reporting
- Analyze carrier and vendor performance data to identify service issues and make recommendations to deliver improvements
- Report on daily / weekly / monthly key performance indicators
- Ensure all data provided by vendors and transportation providers is timely and accurate
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis which will drive improvement to KPI’s
- Demonstrated competency with transportation management systems (TMS) and related processes
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Working knowledge of transportation, distribution and broader supply chain concepts.
- General business acumen
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be a team player and customer service driven
- Exhibits initiative and willingness to learn and adapt to new processes or work content
- Understanding of transportation and supply chain management (intermediate level)
- Familiarity with freight rates, carrier-cost structures and how routing methods affect cost (intermediate level)
- Advanced level computer skills, including data input/typing, including Excel
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalate experience; degree in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain/Logistics preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.