Lancôme Visual Merchandising Apprentice
Based: Hammersmith, London
Start Dates: January 2023
Annual Salary: £20,500 per annum
Level : Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship.
The main purpose of the position is to support with operations within the Marketing Activation team, directly working with the Visual Merchandising & Trade marketing.
They will be required to support on product launches across all three axes (Makeup, Fragrance, Skincare) by keeping all launch planning spreadsheets up to date with current information. They will manage our counter master plan (CMP) which records all of our fixtures within each of our stores across our entire estate. They will be responsible for our Visual Merchandising guidelines and ensuring that the correct launch materials are instore and if anything is missing, liaise directly with supply chain to resolve issues. They will be responsible for ensuring perfect visual merchandising execution in our London flagship doors by making weekly store visits to Selfridges, Harrods and Harvey Nichols.
The Brand Activation Apprentice will support on all new store openings working collaboratively with the Retail Design (RD) Team.
The Role reports into the Visual Merchandising Assistant Manager.
- Meet weekly with the Retail Design team and update the counter master plan whenever there is a new store launch
- Conduct research instore on current and future trends within the luxury beauty category and ensure we have current photos of our Luxury competitors
- Meet weekly with the Visual Merchandising Assistant Manager & Trade Manager to discuss launch plans, initiatives and current instore strategies
- Propose and build planograms for tester bars and backwalls based on new launches
- Create visual merchandising packs and communicate visual guidelines
- Ensure perfect Visual Merchandising execution in our London flagships
- Support the setup of key sites and installations
- Raise purchase orders
- Support the Activation Team with gift with purchase activations
- Codes creation for Marketing Activation team
Skills & qualities:
- A passion for the cosmetics industry
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-starter who takes initiative without prompt
- Highly organised and able to manage time efficiently
- Good excel skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications
- An interest in current and future design trends
- The ability to work well with different teams
- The capacity to work with constructive criticism
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Have the GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C (4, or equivalent)
• Have achieved an ABB at A Level, or 34 points (16 at higher level) in the International Baccalaureate