Title: VP of Marketing – Youth To The People
Location: El Segundo, CA (hybrid)
Division: Luxury Products Division
Reports To: SVP, Youth To The People
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe, our mission is to provide our consumers with the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth To The People (YTTP).
Our YTTP group consists of high-performers and hard-workers with humble attitudes. We are a lively group that value team bonding, enthusiasm, and free thinking. We are open-minded and constantly collaborating. Our brand culture is tight-knit, fast-moving, and fun. We are a community.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and goal-oriented VP of Marketing who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will lead and coordinate Youth To The People's brand strategy. The position is responsible for ensuring a strategic and cohesive brand image and philosophy, for new and existing customers, throughout the entire consumer journey.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
The VP of Marketing will be responsible for all marketing and brand initiatives in line with established strategic corporate goals.
- Creates and ensures the successful execution of strategic marketing plans to build profitability and grow market share; Responsible ultimately for the complete strategic vision for the brand within a commercial context for 3-5 years
- Develops strategic business drivers through collaborative effort with key functional partners designed to build sales and maintain effective brand image and innovation
- Represents brand for cross-functional strategic and update meetings to include new product development, print and packaging, education, brand updates and presentations
- Responsible for the development, monitoring, reconciliation and review of the departmental budget
- Responsibility for successfully leading and developing members of the Marketing team
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience successfully guiding strategic marketing, branding, and product management within consumer goods businesses. Experience within the luxury sector and fragrance and/or other categories strongly preferred
- Exceptional financial acumen required including proven successful experience with budgeting and P&L management
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to lead, motivate, and develop team members
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas of the business enabling the successful achievement of initiatives across all brand categories
- Proven ability to effectively present ideas and marketing strategies to all levels of senior management
- Judgment and Decision Making: Decisions are driving force behind strategic vision of the brand and it’s execution in U.S. markets.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Financial Scope: The VP of Marketing has key responsibility, in conjunction with senior brand management, for achieving the annual budget plan as well as the growth and development of the brand in all channels of U.S. distribution while remaining within that budget and identifying any cost-saving measures in that process.
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect (i.e. leads and motivates direct reports in a demanding yet fair way and deals with all levels of upper management), develops others and enriches team dynamics (i.e. mobilizes the team towards a shared vision)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality (i.e. challenges and controls the quality of the team’s work), builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands beauty (i.e. expresses creative concepts with sharp coherence between words, visuals and staging); has developed a strong understanding of beauty within L’Oreal
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. takes actions to create value and contain costs) and helps to develop and execute a vision
- Innovates – Shows curiosity (i.e. looks for trends and events in various domains), imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. fosters a climate of mutual trust that empowers people to bring daring proposals)
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements) and makes decisions (i.e. involves key stakeholders in the decision making process
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively and actively networks (i.e. drives transversal projects)
- Salary Range: $177,300 - $252,700
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.