POSITION TITLE: VP, Sales - Youth to the People
REPORT TO: SVP, Head of Youth To The People
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Develop, plan and execute a sales strategy for the US retail accounts to enable the brand to maximize its achievement of corporate net and retail sales objectives. Maintain strong relationships with external partners and internal cross functional teams to ensure success in all channels of distribution. Anticipate and analyze industry selling trends and implement strategic action plans to impact the business. Maximize all e-Retailer sales with individual focus per account.
Strategic Planning: Participates in strategic and tactical planning on divisional, regional and account specific marketing and sales objectives.
- Ensure strategic direction is aligned with corporate objectives and the needs of our retail partners while capitalizing on opportunities for profitable sales growth.
- Achieve retail and net goals for brand and division.
- Work with various supports and cross functional teams on account initiatives.
- Set priorities for the field team, aligned with the objectives of the brand and retail sales goals.
- Negotiate appropriate stock levels and returns by account.
- Analyze overall business conditions to anticipate and forecast volume trends, changes and threats affecting the company’s objectives.
- Lead national sales meetings with cross-functional partners to present new plans and business planning sessions.
Market Expert: Must understand and exhibit expertise in the beauty/make-up industry.
- Review NPD monthly, looking for trends and white space opportunities.
- Partner with US marketing team and retail partners to challenge mix of business, new launch projections and opportunities to drive sell in and sell out.
Account Management: Ensure successful account management and strong customer relationships.
- Responsible for the strategic retailer relationships.
- Communicate strategies to retailers.
- Resolving account challenges.
- Analyze, plan, influence and implement decisions and brand plans with the retailers.
P&L: Accountable for the financial integrity of budgets used to achieve sales objectives.
- Ensure all spending is within budget and in accordance with spending policies.
- Determine the best use and allocation of financial budgets to support company initiatives.
Organizational and People Development: Recruit, retain and develop a high performing team.
- Establish selling and management goals to evaluate performance, ensuring succession plans are in place and training needs are met.
Process/Best Practice Development: Continuously improve processes and ways of operating to drive productivity and effectiveness of sell through and sell in teams.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Ability to operate independently, with little supervision
- Proven experience in managing, motivating, and training a sales team
- Field sales experience as a Director of Regional Sales, Key Accounts or National Accounts
- Successfully worked on collaborative projects involving other functions
- Proficient computer skills necessary – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
Bachelor degree in Business or Marketing
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in retail management
Minimum 5+ years’ experience in managing multiple teams
Leadership experience of 3+ years
Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
Strong negotiation skills
Strong judgment and decision-making skills are essential
The YTTP culture is tight-knit, fast-moving, and fun. We’re a community
We seek high performers, hard-workers and humble attitudes
This location is in Los Angeles, those that apply must be eligible to work in the United States
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.