Job: Vice President, Consumer Analytics – Consumer Products Division
Location: Hudson Yards, New York - New York
The Head of Consumer Analytics is an insights-driven thought leader for the Consumer Products Division (CPD) division. They have their finger on the pulse of our consumers interests, foresee beauty trends thought adjacent markets, and provide support to our brands to react to trends ahead of their peak. Their passion for our consumers and listening to their feedback will enable them to draw measurable insights to unlock business opportunities for our brand partners. In this role, the HCI will drive the measurement of brand love and consumer sentiment, create a roadmap of tools and opportunities for brands to engage with consumers in innovative ways, and will produce best practices for our brands to follow in all communication channels.
Your role, new to the organization, will be responsible for the acceleration of a consumer marketing intelligence across the division by category, product type, and in support of all brands. With an expertise on consumer analytics (brand advocacy & content), trend hunting, and brand strategy – you will drive analytics and content creation recommendations to support our brand teams in fueling brand love.
The HCI will work across all Consumer Products Division brands to identify opportunities to build learning agendas and perform experiments to generate insights for the division. Together with your peers in the Chief Digital Marketing Office Team, you’ll drive an increase in overall measurable brand penetration and awareness. The Head of Consumer Analytics will report directly into the Division Chief Digital and Marketing Officer and will manage a team of agencies. You will collaborate with the brand engagement teams. In partnership with the CPD CDMO and brand teams you will lead the vision of the future content factory.
Our team attributes:
- Collaborative empowerment – we all win together as one digital team!
- Progressive mindset – we aim to break the auto-pilot through test, learn, and scale fast with strong ROI focus.
- Optimistic self-starters – we have a positive mindset, are AGILE and are not afraid to be scrappy! We are always up for a challenge.
- Left brain / right brain – we are passionate about data driven decision-making alongside creativity and innovation.
- Diversity & inclusivity – we value a team made up of diverse backgrounds and experiences and thrive with an inclusive culture.
Develop the division brand penetration and measurement strategy for the division leveraging all channels, partnering with the L’Oreal USA Consumer Marketing Intelligence group, all available data, communications partners within the brands, and external media partners (i.e. Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, etc.). The Head of Consumer Analytics will partner with peers in the Chief Digital Marketing Office to ensure all goals are met, specifically the Head of Media, Head of Consumer Engagement, and Head of eCommerce.
YOU WILL DRIVE THE FOLLOWING IN COLLABORATION WITH THE BRANDS:
- DIVISION BRAND MEASUREMENT STRATEGY:
- Develop the Consumer Products Division Content Strategy, advising brands on approaches to meet division goals(Digital Brand Peformance index)
- Produces best practices documents on content creation, content measurement, and data analysis related to the same
- Liaise and collaborate with brand leadership and product marketing to support digital content marketing tactics inclusive of digital content development (Paid & organic social, programmatic, partner media), influencer & advocacy efforts, D2C & e-retail content and partnership ops, etc.
- Responsible for the creation of content marketing measurement dashboards measuring content performance goals, content quality based on engagment , consumer behavior trends within the database, identifying opportunities for cross-brand collaboration
- Partner and provide leadership to global counterparts on evaluation and development of global performance marketing strategies to support company’s long-term growth strategies
- CHANNEL INSIGHTS:
- Develops insights on our consumer segments to best understand what channels are performing against benchmarks, what content is performing against benchmarks, and identify new trends in the market
- Leveraging the data resources of the L’Oreal USA group, create and deploy a strategy for ensuring our brands are at the forefront of our consumers' minds for consideration of purchase (SEO, rating and reviews, net sentiment, social 360 views of consumers, social share of voice, share of engagement)
- Using data modeling and partnering with the L’Oreal USA CMI group, generate models that help optimize communication strategies based on impressions, clicks, and consumer behavior trends
- WAYS OF WORKING:
- Acts as key point of contact for the division for interfacing with Global Consumer Products Division CDO, L’Oreal USA Content Lead, and other divisions within LUSA
- Responsible for onboarding new brands into the division
- Responsible for upskilling the division when new strategies are available, developed, and rolled out within the group
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years’ experience in Digital and Social Marketing Strategy, Retail brand, platform- UX, Consumer Analytics (advocacy and content).
- Expertise in developing brand communication strategies and proven experience in delivering against consumer communication goals
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain consumer insights, influencing senior leadership, and data-driven storytelling
- Hands on experience in developing research and multi-variate messaging tests
- Experience in managing a team, both as direct reports and external agencies
YOU WILL NEED:
- CPG marketing expertise; Beauty experience – a plus
- Knowledge of most current digital technologies, trends, and tools
- Ability to think strategically, drive results, build a high-performance organization, continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong leaderships skills with the ability to manage, engage, mentor and retain team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts and recommended courses of action to engage diverse audiences and influence senior executives
- Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR