The Director Video Production initiates, maintains and manages in-house creative-led projects on an ongoing and project basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day efforts on asset creation and deadline management. They also ensure all projects are executed within approved scope. In this role, the Producer ensures that the creative department provides:
- Sound and responsible project management and planning
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule
- A consistently superior creative product
The role works across the entire creative services department and provides production assistance to our digital, social and hero campaign teams.
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables alongside our Operations team.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Operations teams on preparation of asset requirements
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to DMI needs and objectives: all assigned creative productions and deliverables requested, both from internal team and agency
- Provide platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing scope of works and technical specifications, works with Operations team in the creation of project specifications and time plans
- Determines project risk on an ongoing basis, escalates issues as needed
- Evaluate best team makeup alongside creative lead for assigned projects
- Monitors out of scope requests, initiates additional estimates and approvals
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides leadership within the creative team and monitors work scope against all variables
- Monitors all budget and production activity on assigned projects and communicates status of each project to appropriate personnel in order to meet project deadlines
- Act as a team leader on all assigned projects
- Maintains communications with appropriate personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalating exceptions and issues to management as required
- Keeping project status reports up to date
- Monitoring and enforcing project constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working alongside Operations team
- Drive projects to final stages of completion by keeping the team both on track and highly motivated
Project and Product Management
- Manage assigned projects, involved with projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines
- Provide and maintain projects status - liaising with creative teams, designers and Operations team to provide accurate updates of project statuses
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Asset Management, sourcing through final delivery
- Initiates and leads all appropriate project meetings.
Financial and Administrative
- Monitor all internal and external costs for assigned projects.
- Creates and maintains all project backup, status reports, PO’s, estimates, schedules, change orders, technical and production specs, preproduction books and any other associated backup.
- Manage vendors and talent on assigned projects - create purchase orders, monitor actual vs. budgeted costs.
- Manage internal projects and assist in preparing materials for creative presentations and meetings
- Works with Operations and Video team to insure proper billing and invoicing.
- Reviews WIPs and final billing reports.
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity.
Other duties as assigned.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Network of connections in the production world
- Great project management abilities in a leadership role
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Experience working with production and agency partners to develop and negotiate project scopes and budgets
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines
- Interest in and aptitude for producing creative and marketing solutions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
· May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital or Broadcast production
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a producer in a creative agency or production environment (digital, production, broadcast, post)
- Knowledge of web application design and build
- Knowledge of broadcast production and post production
- Experience in integrated marketing preferred
- Experience in beauty required
- A minimum of familiarity with editing software, such as Avid, Premiere Pro Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- Knowledge of post production project management programs such as frame is a plus
- Familiarity with graphics software, in order to better communicate with the in-house design team or third-party motion graphics teams: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic computer skills
- Resourceful online
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.