Urban Decay is seeking Visual Designer to join our team in Newport Beach, CA.
In your role as a Visual Designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of designing for each new launch or animation, all kinds of visual elements for the POS, consistent with the brand image.
As our Visual Designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to surprise and excite users with our products, as well as helping them successfully navigate and understand their benefits.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Reinforce the brand’s image and visibility in stores through outstanding launches concepts
- Create specific scenario aligned with Brand’s launches, catalogue and animations as well as customer path
- Define the delivery of all relevant visual elements to provide according to this scenario
- Be able to design and develop all kinds of furniture staging product categories according to client or POS specificities according to geographic zones
- Cooperates with 360° internal & external stakeholders to guarantee consistent retail experience
- Build and deliver communication tools, within the right timing and budget
- Manage external vendors
- Follow either local or international productions.
- Listen to design trends, innovation and new materials.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of cosmetics/ beauty industry
- Creativity and strong eye for design elements such as texture, colors and materials
- Sketch ability
- Experience in scenography and window podiums is preferred
- An overall diversified knowledge of art and design is a plus
- Product designer experience preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines
- Able to professionally prepare files for print (Link files, follow file naming and storage protocols, etc.)
- Basic print and production knowledge is a plus
- Excellent layout ability
- Ability to work as a team with all departments
- Create and maintains good vendor relations
- Adobe suite : Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- StekchUp a must have
- Basic Mac system/software
- Basic MS Office Software
- Standard MS Office applications
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications
- Four year degree in Industrial or Interior Design strongly preferred, equivalent experience will be considered
- Retail merchandising experience
- 3 - 5 years previous experience in a similar position
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.