Job: Warehouse Operator
Department: Warehouse, Mfg.
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Ensure prompt and accurate shipment and receiving of goods within the established quality and material movement standards.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Unload all trailers (LTL and truckload) on a consistent basis
- Communicate with Shipping gate and the yard driver on a consistent basis
- Follow direction of Receiving team lead or person acting as the receiving team lead and also provide input as needed to utilize the efficiency of the receiving dock
- As needs arise, will be used as a warehouse forklift driver and/or turret truck driver
- Ability to receive through SAP and Flexnet, Tag loads, run inventory reports and update open dock software.
- Fulfill duties temporarily of the receiving team lead when absent
- Occasionally work OT and weekends based on workload
- Ability to communicate with MSC team, transportation, and outside warehouses
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- At least 2-3 years prior experience
- Ability to multi-task many projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle a heavy workload and willing to work overtime as required
- Must be able to anticipate needs and work proactively
- Must be extremely organized, detailed oriented, and be able to work without supervision
- Must have working knowledge of computers with Microsoft office
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to effectively communicate across multiple departments
- Team player and willing to assist on special projects as needed
- Competency in Microsoft Office software & knowledge of inventory systems.
- Competency in SAP and knowledge of warehouse management systems.
Working Conditions (non-exempt only) – remove the section for exempt positions except in operations or supply chain roles where these may also be pertinent for certain exempt positions
- Manipulation requirements: (Hands or Feet): This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in moving materials, use a transtacker and be elevated up to 40ft above ground.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- People Developer
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Must have a sense of urgency and service orientation, with a high level of flexibility and responsiveness required
- Must obtain PIT certification
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver results
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Creative thinker with initiative;
- Professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to achieve focused results;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks/assignments simultaneously; Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy;
- Ability to interface effectively with every level of the organization;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment;
- Must maintain confidentiality concerning employee specific information and other situations where required.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Communicate well with other employees and supervisors;
- Have visual/auditory acuity required to read and understand written material required by their position;
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this p
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.