The purpose of this role is to support the Order Preparation Manager in the daily management of operational activities within the distribution centre. Through strong leadership, you will motivate and guide an operational team of two direct reports, to ensure the smooth flows and order preparation process is maintained. You will encourage a culture of openness and innovation making Bury a great place to work. The successful candidate should be self-driven and results orientated. In addition, you will have a logical approach possessing strong communication skills. The successful individual must have a proactive, flexible work ethic demonstrating a high level of professional ownership.
• Overseeing the management of the day to day shift operations ensuring goods in, picking & loading plans are met in accordance with the schedule.
• You will be a champion of quality ensuring your shift area at the forefront of accuracy & high quality picking always delivering the perfect order.
• Review and investigate all accidents & incidents within the warehouse, sharing key learnings with colleagues.
• Take a lead on colleague relation activities including absence management, disciplinary, grievance etc.
• Hold regular performance discussions & constructive conversations with your colleagues so that they understand what is expected of them.
• Conduct operational planning, by carrying out accurate forecasting you will efficiently manage the right hours in the right place.
• Work closely with the Order Preparation Manager to ensure all business plans are delivered.
• You will mange the training requirements of your shift, always ensuring the correct skill base and capacity are in place to support the business needs.
• By actively seeking collaborative working relationships, you will build strong bonds and clear communication channels between the warehouse operation.
• You will maximise the use of all on site media to ensure clear consistent communication is delivered across your shift, actively engaging colleagues or their feedback & encourage their involvement in site activities and improvement.
• In line with L'Oréal's sustainability agenda – Sharing Beauty With All, you will strive to increase our sustainability by improving our processes, always considering our environmental impact.
• You will actively lead our interdependent safety culture by encouraging constructive challenge & shared ownership to constantly enhance EHS awareness & engagement on site.
• Lead and deliver project work as required by doing so you will strive for excellence.
• You will identify & develop talent on site – encouraging our leaders of the future.
• You have strong organizational skills, with a logical approach to problem solving & are able to demonstrate proactive thinking.
• You must be self-motivated & willing to learn, being comfortable navigating around warehouse management systems is essential.
• You should be flexible and comfortable assessing then prioritising work loads.
• Experience of managing and leading people is essential, you must be able to engage your colleagues and encourage their involvement in site activities.
• Experience of managing conflict is essential along with the ability to challenge constructively across departments.
• Passion for change management and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Excellent communicator who is able to influence and motivate others.
• Meticulous approach demonstrating the highest attention to detail, completing tasks to the required standard.
• Strong excel and analytical skills.
• You will be resilient.