This role is a Wastewater Treatment Operator Third Shift position with primary responsibilities to operate, maintain, and trouble-shoot the L’Oreal NLR Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) and its processes. Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of the plant operations and compliance with permits and L’Oreal requirements. Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of the Environmental Manager.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Follow Wastewater Operations procedures to ensure proper treatment and compliance with our wastewater permit, including performing all aspects of sampling, monitoring, and testing wastewater, adjusting treatment chemicals, and controlling treatment equipment, as well as completing paperwork and taking meter readings daily.
- Starts and stops pumps, closes/opens valves, adjusts gauges.
- Maintain sample station and equipment in the WWTP, including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair as needed.
- Ensure proper calibration of equipment used in the WWTP.
- Perform all work in conformance with L’Oreal NLR EHS requirements.
- Clean equipment using various chemicals and cleaners and perform various other custodial duties.
- Ensure WWTP is at 5S standards for housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Perform spill cleanup of chemicals as a trained member of the Spill Team.
- Be able to perform and document various tests and readings.
- Have working knowledge of the operation, methods and procedures of a WWTP.
- Have a thorough knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Have a thorough knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair.
- Have a basic knowledge of State and Federal rules governing wastewater discharges and worker safety.
- Have the ability to work with independence and to make routine decisions on the operation of WWTP its processes.
- Have computer skills to be able to check email, record data, take training and quizzes online, etc.
- Communicate clearly with other personnel across shifts
- GED or High School Diploma required
- Experience operating a wastewater treatment facility preferred but will train on the job.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator License preferred – Class A and Industrial Wastewater but training will be provided by L’Oreal if required.
- Experience with hand tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Experience with light power tools.
- Experience with larger equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Computer skills
- Work 8 hour shifts.
- Have the ability to descend and climb up rungs to access the top of tanks and other equipment.
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Have adequate respiratory function to utilize a Class D supplied air respirator or Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- Have the ability to detect and differentiate colors.
- Work from ladders and elevated platforms.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.