L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. L’Oréal USA manages a portfolio of
more than 30 iconic beauty brands, including Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Lancôme, La Roche-Posay, L’Oréal Paris
and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. L’Oréal USA also serves as the international hub for the product development and marketing strategy
for L’Oréal’s 16 American brands: Baxter of California, Carol’s Daughter, Clarisonic, Dermablend, Essie, IT Cosmetics, Kiehl’s, Matrix,
Maybelline New York, Mizani, NYX, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Softsheen-Carson, SkinCeuticals and Urban Decay.
Generating more than $6 billion in sales annually, L’Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation, driven by the
company’s Sharing Beauty with All ambition for sustainable development across the Group’s value chain. The company is
headquartered in New York City, employs more than 10,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and
distribution facilities across 13 states, including Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
Job: Director Level Human Resources Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Job Summary: Director Level Human Resources Business Partners are responsible for overseeing select HR initiatives and collaborating with functional groups to attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage people. In addition, Director Level Business Partners anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs to align with the overall business strategy.
• Recruitment – Approve candidates for interview, participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions.
• Integration - Oversee the integration of all new employees through FIT and make recommendations on program improvements.
• Employee development - Strategically manage careers on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities and assisting with the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
• Succession planning - Prepare and contribute to the Talent Review process by developing collective (Divisional) succession plans, in conjunction with Business Partner leaders.
• Organizational effectiveness - Help develop the organization in line with business objectives and contribute to organizational strategy.
• Workforce planning - Evaluate recommendation for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
• Retention strategies - Analyze, identify and direct recommendations on retention program policies.
• Employee relations - Translate work environment vision, provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management and contribute to creation of employee events.
• Total rewards compensation management - Collaborate with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels & plan content to assess market competitiveness, including base salary & bonus plans. Champion recommendations for improvement.
• HR policies and programs - Assure compliance while helping to facilitate panier of programs focusing on strategic change, training, team building, diversity, etc.
• Performance plans - Monitor PIP and other disciplinary programs and actions, including coaching and employee terminations.
(Accountabilities are general and may vary according to the scope of the business)
- Undergraduate degree required. Preferred areas of focus include Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Psychology.
- Prior HR management experience of 5+ years.
- Experience in handling complex ER issues and exposure to complex HR matters.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Office 365 (with ability to learn internal systems).
- Entrepreneurially spirited; strong work ethic and customer driven
- Extremely high ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical & organizational skills
- Proven ability in building professional relationships, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Results orientation
- Degree of executive maturity with ability to influence and manage up (or aptitude for)
- Ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative team environment
Technical / Professional: Human Resources Competences
- Operational Master – Delivers a service of excellence
- People Champion – Helps Build a diverse team of champions
- Change Agent – Supports and facilitates change
- Strategic Business Driver – Helps Transform business challenges into HR Strategy
- Innovator – Invent life changing beauty experiences
- Strategist – Shape the future and make the way
- Entrepreneur – Run it as your own business
- Integrator – Foster co-operation for agility
- People Developer – Grow people to grow business
As L’Oreal continues to expand it’s footprint across the USA with numerous brand acquisitions on the West Coast, we are looking for top HR talent to join us! Our West Coast brands based in Southern California include NYX Professional Makeup, Urban Decay, Pulp Riot and Baxter.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.