Job Title: Director/ Assistant Vice President, Human Resources
Function: Human Resources
Division: Luxe Division Supply Chain
Location: South Brunswick NJ with travel to NY
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic, business focused HR leader for our Luxe Division Supply Chain organization. This position is based in South Brunswick , NJ and will be responsible for overseeing HR generalist initiatives in New Jersey, New York, California and Seattle for Supply Chain in this division. This position contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organization design, performance management, organizational culture and employee engagement, This is a business partner role with functional groups to attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage people. In addition, this position will anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs to align with the overall business strategy.
This position will collaborate with Human Resources teams supporting the Supply Chain organization in the other US Divisions to ensure consistency and alignment. This role requires a strong emphasis on strategic and organization consulting, in addition to demonstrated people management and development as the role will have 2 direct reports.
- Recruitment – Partner with Talent Acquisition team on the recruitment strategy, selection and hiring for all open positions; Responsible for hourly recruitment at Distribution Center level; Promote L’Oreal USA Operations as a best place to work
- Integration - Oversee the integration of all new employees through FIT (onboarding program) and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Employee development - Strategically manage careers on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities while utilizing the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Succession planning – Partner with functional areas to define the Succession Plan for the Professional Products Division Supply Chain. Assess current and future talent needs for the division and develop strategies and plans to meet those needs. Monitor and drive the bench strength, identify high potential talent, proximity to the people, oversee career-pathing and management development
- Organizational effectiveness - Influence and help adapt the organization to align with business objectives and design and optimize organizational capabilities.
- Workforce planning - Evaluate recommendation for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Retention strategies - Analyze, identify and drive recommendations on retention program strategy
- Employee relations - Objectively provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management
- Total rewards compensation management - Collaborate with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels & plan content to assess market competitiveness, including base salary & bonus plans.
- HR policies & programs - Lead development, communication and implementation of strategic HR programs.
- Culture - Facilitate the communication of the organization’s desired culture, vision and values which guide the decisions and actions of the business
- Performance management – Drive performance management through business partnership, coaching, counseling and disciplinary programs
- Identify strategies to increase productivity and employee performance
- 40% travel to New York and other locations as needed
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field; 7-10 years progressive HR generalist experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Prior Supply Chain HR experience with multiple locations and complex ER issues a must
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- High degree of executive maturity to be able to influence others
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers.
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change
- Compensation – In-depth understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same.
- Legal - Significant understanding of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial - Solid knowledge of P & L, including budget process
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.