The AVP of Process Improvement
and Operational Excellence develops, plans, organizes and supports
the execution of all activities for Process Improvement, Operational Excellence
and TPM implementation within the L’Oreal Americas Region. In line with
L’Oreal’s integrated Operational Excellence strategy, this position is expected
to provide leadership, coaching and expertise needed to deliver the zero loss
and 100% employee engagement environment. This position requires an experienced
and innovative Process Improvement deployment leader with the capabilities of
influencing our complex and matrix organization into defining, refining and
executing a comprehensive PI/TPM master plan in support of our sustainable
Manufacturing and Supply Chain organizations.
This position will be responsible for the
implementation and support of PI/TPM in the 11 plants and 33 distribution
centers in the Americas zone while collaborating with other sites and peers at
a global level. The position is located in Clark, New Jersey where the L’Oreal
Operations Americas HQ is based.
Responsibilities include coaching at
various senior levels to develop capability within the Manufacturing and Supply
Chain TPM Pillars. This role requires exceptional capabilities in all
aspects of the Process Improvement spectrum (i.e., Kaizen, PDCA/SDCA, SMED
Kaizen (single minute exchange of die = fast changeover), DMAIC, Gemba walks,
TPM, IWS, 5S, Visual Display Boards, continuous improvement of OEE.
- Works across the manufacturing and supply chain
and at all levels to help increase the PI/TPM capabilities in line with
the Corporate vision and mission
- Coordinates regional and global PI/TPM activities to
include external visits, consultant support and phase audits
- Supports Plants, Plant Managers and Functional Leaders
in developing, coordinating and evaluating effective PI/TPM master plans
- Facilitates the integration of all Manufacturing and
Supply Chain PI/TPM leaders with an initial focus on AM, PM and DMAIC
- Coaches PI/TPM leaders to build needed capability
including self-sustaining processes and internal coaching
- Defines, standardizes and communicates the specific
KPIs to measure progress. Develops evaluations and formal phase audits
against execution of the PI/TPM master plan
- Participates in all PI/TPM steering committee meetings
- Is an active member in a global collaborative network
of PI/TPM peers
- Demonstrates an obsession with the Safety of people and
- Is a change agent and demonstrates ability to influence
and facilitate change across an organization
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma with
application of DMAIC and Lean concepts
Extensive software capability including Excel, Word, Minitab (or other statistical
software) and MS Project
- Exceptional coaching, communication, interpersonal
& leadership skills.
- Educate the L’Oreal Operations Americas leadership in
the value of PI/TPM.
- Interact directly with the Americas zone PI/TPM leaders
to develop a strategy for PI/TPM tailored to the individual site/country
- Be viewed as the technical expert and educator by those
customers enabling the processes and rapid replication of best practices.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy that is easily
replicated and sustained within the Americas zone.
- Develop the overall metrics (KPI’s) consistent across
the Americas zone.
(INTERNAL / EXTERNAL)
- Ability to deliver results through influence.
- Navigate and delivering strategic, enterprise-wide
initiatives across a complex, diversified global organization.
- Have both a technical and a business mindset, as is an
understanding of how the broader commercial and operational business
functions work together.
- Translate business strategy into an operational plan,
as well as partnering with key business leaders across the organization.
- Have a greater understanding into cultural differences
along with evolving and evolved business conditions and leadership styles.
- Able to manage the
multiple cultural differences involved in the Americas geography.
- Able to effectively
create alliances, interact and influence multiple divisions, manufacturing or
distribution sites, US Corporate leadership as well as our L’Oreal French
- Must be able to work in
an environment where language can be a barrier and have an understanding and
ability to read body language.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Engineering
- Advanced Degree (MS / ME or MBA) preferred
- In depth expertise in PI/TPM implementation with a
minimum of 15 years of experience in PI/TPM including development,
deployment, assessment and sustainability metrics. Proven capability as a
Coach. Operational experience in successfully rolling out TPM in a complex
organization is a must
- Hands on experience as a Plant Manager highly desired
- Lean 6 Sigma experience and understanding.
Certified Black Belt or Master Black Belt highly desired
- Ability to travel extensively – 40%+
- Leadership skills to deliver PI/TPM across the L’Oreal
Operations Americas zone as well as develop regional mastery of PI/TPM
- Strong ability to lead and drive cultural change,
- Analytical skills as well as learning agility, business
acumen and process management experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills in
English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
- Interpersonal and business savvy
- Influencing skills to reflect seniority of position and
interact at all levels of the organization and is comfortable influencing
others without authority.
- Excellent people management skills with experience
working in a matrix organization.
- Understanding of Process Linkages across the entire
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma to include
experience with application of DMAIC and Lean concepts
- Strong influencing skill, ability to direct the program
without formal authority
are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We
do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other
employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition
or disability, or any other legally protected status.