Tipo de posição: Permanent
Tipo de emprego: Full - Time
Local: New Jersey - Clark
US R&I Legal Counsel- Contracts
- Draft and maintain comprehensive set of templates, including those for non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, proof of concept agreements, service agreements (e.g. terms and conditions), master services agreements, consulting agreements, consumer consents and releases
- Advise and work closely with other lawyers from Legal R&I team, finance and purchasing teams on contracting best practices, contracting process improvement, developing, drafting and implementing internal control policies and procedures to educate R&I clients on these practices
- Draft, negotiate, review and advise on research and development agreements and related agreements aimed at developing materials, technologies, devices and software in the cosmetics and beauty field (e.g. proof of concept agreements, prototyping agreements, pre-manufacturing trial agreements) including those pertaining to research conducted with US universities, start-ups, raw material suppliers, contract manufacturers and contract research organizations. A strong experience in R&D contracts required (negotiation of IP business models and drafting of complex R&D agreements)
- Draft, negotiate, review and advise on aspects of contract manufacturing agreements and packaging development and supply agreements, working with and under the direction of in-house counsel responsible for these agreements
- Draft, negotiate, review and advise on a variety of non-disclosure agreements and material transfer agreements, including those pertaining to sensitive R&D matters and experimental materials;
- Advise due diligence regarding external technologies, working closely with intellectual property team, and structure and implement due diligence related data firewalls, clean teams etc.
- Draft, negotiate, review and advise on service agreements and procurement related matters, including clinical trials, analytical/microbiology related services, lab equipment/supplies, consumer research services, SAAS agreements, consulting agreements, onsite contractor agreements (e.g. staffing agencies)
- Follow Legal R&I guidelines and processes, report US legal issues to Legal R&I in France in accordance with Legal R&I processes, collaborate in Legal R&I workshops/brainstormings, contribute to sharing legal expertise within the Legal R&I team.
- File and maintain copies of executed agreements and amendments in global document database
- JD with 4-7 years experience in contract drafting and negotiation, highly interested and skilled in negotiating IP business models.
- Highly organized, proactive and responsive and ability to handle a variety of matters at once with consistently quick response to and follow-up with clients
- Demonstrate equal proficiency and experience in administrative, internal control and legal matters
- Experience in drafting and negotiating research, development and services agreements for an R&D organization, and informing broad set of stakeholders on transactional risk
- Experience with installing processes and tools to “automate” repetitive and straightforward tasks and improving processes to speed up contracting processes and reduce or eliminate attorney review for low-risk transactions
- Focus on customer service, positive attitude and moving transactions forward while appropriately managing risk
- Experience working with and reporting to non-attorney, and being the go-to legal advisor on a variety of legal matters
- Experience being in a visible role and directly counseling and educating clients and representing the legal function throughput the global R&D organization with minimal supervision
- High level of comfort presenting and explaining complex topics to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in developing and drafting internal policies and process flow documents, and writing and presenting training materials regarding these policies and workflows to all staff, including management, finance professionals, purchasing professionals, intellectual property professionals, laboratory personnel, researchers and raw material portfolio managers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
◄ Voltar à lista de empregos