L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. L’Oréal USA manages a portfolio of
more than 30 iconic beauty brands, including Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Lancôme, La Roche-Posay, L’Oréal Paris
and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. L’Oréal USA also serves as the international hub for the product development and marketing strategy
for L’Oréal’s 16 American brands: Baxter of California, Carol’s Daughter, Clarisonic, Dermablend, Essie, IT Cosmetics, Kiehl’s, Matrix,
Maybelline New York, Mizani, NYX, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Softsheen-Carson, SkinCeuticals and Urban Decay.
Generating more than $6 billion in sales annually, L’Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation, driven by the
company’s Sharing Beauty with All ambition for sustainable development across the Group’s value chain. The company is headquartered in New York City, employs more than 10,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and distribution facilities across 13 states, including Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
The Kiehl’s since 1851 Human Resources Assistant Manager, will work closely with the HR Director and/or the VP, HR and District Managers in supporting all employee lifecycle activities. The Assistant Manager will work to attract, recruit, and develop talent and assist in managing the employee culture and employee systems within their assigned area to align with the overall business strategy.
- Partner with Human Resources Director, VP to provide counsel, feedback and coaching to field leadership on broad ranging issues including business operations, process and all associate related actions that enhance the individual growth and performance of respective region(s).
- Participate in business leadership meetings as needed to assist in determining associate impact.
Staffing, Development & Succession Planning
- Assist with recruitment strategy within the assigned area and selection and onboarding activities.
- Partner with Human Resources Director/VP to provide consultation and support to field management on talent matters, sourcing needs and strategic placement of talent.
- Work with hiring managers to ensure successful on-boarding for new hires
· Process all employee transactions to include, new hire paperwork, job requisitions, status changes and terminations, etc.
· Manages payroll process (bonuses, adjustments) timely and with excellence.
· Maintains all personnel files for the assigned area.
· Processes EEOC, Unemployment insurance, Leave Of Absence and Worker’s Compensation claims with appropriate partnership (i.e legal, HR Director and Employee Support Center).
· Participates in talent reviews and success planning processes
- Provide advice and recommendations in all areas of Human Resources related programs, policies, issues and laws with appropriate partnership.
- Provide coaching and counseling to management and staff
- Conduct and document investigations pertaining to unemployment, harassment, discrimination, etc. in accordance with company guidelines as well as directives by company legal department and Human Resources Director/VP.
- Coach field management through conflict management/resolution, discipline/corrective action, policy and procedures and labor law compliance when appropriate or in the absence of HR Director.
· Assist HR Director with any matters dealing with compliance or state and federal law changes.
· Participates in annual salary planning and performance management process
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum 2-4 years diverse and progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist/recruitment capacity dealing with business and Human Resources issues (employee relations, coaching/counseling, change management, recruitment etc.) Multi-unit, multi-state experience preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including, Wage and Hour, LOA’s, EEO, ADA, workers compensation and others.
- Must be able to travel and work weekends as necessary to attend and participate in meetings and events
- Strong communication skills and commitment to service and quality
- Flexible and adaptable to constantly changing business requirements
- Strong computer proficiency: Experience with human resource information systems required
- Demonstrated experience utilizing a variety of creative sourcing strategies and techniques such as online, web based and social media methods
- Ability to drive and support change initiatives
- Influential, Knowledgeable and Innovative
- Confidentiality essential
- Able to sit for more than 80% of work day
- Able to use computer and various office equipment for the majority of the work day
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time or as needed within assigned area
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.