Responsible for the filling and packaging of products and the development of the work cell team members.
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- Bachelors degree in a Major Technical or Science Discipline
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional people skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills;
- A Competency in Microsoft Office software.
General Job Duties
- Must be able to work night shift (Sunday - Thursday).
- Supervises the safe and efficient conduct of manufacturing operations.
- Develops and leads a team of employees.
- Supervises and trains staff and production work force in methods and procedures that maximize the efficient operation and application of the means of production.
- Implement improved work procedures that enhance manufacturing efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with GMP requirements.
- Implement L’Oreal quality assurance procedures.
- Facilities effective employee/labor relations environment within the production unit.
- Maintains appropriate records and complete necessary reports within a timely manner.
- Achieves 100% attainment of the monthly production schedule while adhering to prescribed quality control standards.
- Ensures that inventory objectives and new product launch date schedules are met.
- Supervises all production related activity in support of new product launches and restage projects.
- Maintains a safe, clean work area and implement L’Oreal environmental programs.
- Manages and implements all L’Oreal policies and practices including, but not limited to, the corporations Equal Employment Opportunity policies.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine and other office equipment as required.
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Tanks may be hot, therefore creating a potential burn hazard: Protective sleeves may be provided;
- Raw materials and cleaning products may produce potential respiratory hazards; Employees are provided with and my/must wear particulate respirators or other respirators when appropriate;
- The processing of liquids and powders may create slippery surfaces;
- Cell Managers are provided with and required to wear safety glasses and steel-toed shoes; must wear safety gloves.
- All employees are properly trained in use of adjuct lifting/moving equipment and on proper body mechanics.
Manipulation requirements: (Hands or Feet): This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in moving materials.
- Operate a Personal Computer;
- Manages and Directs the cell operations while working independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Have visual/auditory acuity required to read and understand written material required by their position;
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.