Tipo de Emprego: Tempo Integral
Localização: New Jersey - Somerset
Raw Material Chemist - 2nd Shift
Support manufacturing activities by accurately performing raw material testing in a fast paced environment. Analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines.
Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry required.
3+ years analytical chemistry experience required.
Must have experience in wet chemistry (titrations) techniques and instrumentation including HPLC, G.C. and UV Spectroscopy, Auto-Titrans, FTIR, Mettler Melt Point/Drop Point, X-Ray Fluorescence.
- Proficient on Excel, Word, Outlook
- Conscientious, positive in attitude, self-motivated, reliable, and responsible.
- Good laboratory skills with demonstrated record of excellence in quantitative analysis.
- Ability to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excels at interpersonal communication and able to form effective relationships across departments.
- Experienced with Root Cause Analysis and ability to troubleshoot out-of-specification results.
- Ability to work independently and possesses leadership qualities.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues.
- Knowledge of standard computer systems such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience using SAP desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform physical-chemical testing on Raw Materials utilizing L’Oreal and USP methods.
- Maintain records and enter results utilizing SAP system.
- Accepts or blocks deliveries of Raw Materials in accordance with L’Oréal specifications.
- Ensures relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct (ex. Lab notebooks, Certificate of Analysis, etc.)
- Leads investigations related to out-of-specification results, communicates on control results and decisions to Laboratory Managers.
- Carries out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate, and ability to calculate concentrations for standards and mobile phases
- Independently organizes work tasks for the day according to business priorities and backlog, communicates effectively with lab personal and within IQ department.
- Participates in and perform testing for additional projects as needed (ex. validation studies).
- Performs quality audits of production areas as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot lab instruments.
- Brings new ideas and innovations to the lab. Challenge the status quo and implement ideas to improve efficiencies.
- Manages assigned projects to completion and to committed deadlines. Projects will primarily be for new instrumentation and installations within the lab; this will require working with teammates and external vendors.
- Develops and administers applicable trainings of new test methods and equipment.
- Participates in creation of new SOPs and reviewing existing ones.
- Maintain safe, clean work area and adhere to L’Oreal Policies and Procedures.
- Observe Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices (GMPs/GLPs).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
◄ Voltar a lista de vagas