This position will ensure compliance with North American and European requirements for safety data sheet (SDS) and label preparation. Responsibilities include completing hazard assessments of final and intermediate formulations, preparing hazard communication documentation, maintaining product information databases and confirming compliance with health and safety, transportation and waste requirements. Cross-functional interaction with research and development, marketing and sales and operational facilities is essential.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain competencies in North American (HazCom 2012, WHIMS 2015) and European (CLP) hazard communication requirements.
- Assess, classify and author safety data sheets (SDS) using 3E MSDgen authoring solution.
- Prepare SDS in multiple regional formats and according to local language requirements.
- Review raw materials and associated toxicology/ecotoxicology information to confirm appropriate classification of mixtures.
- Enter hazard information into SAP based system to provide compliant labeling to research and operations facilities.
- Perform transportation reviews to ensure appropriate classification of hazard materials/dangerous goods and associated packaging requirements.
- Maintain internal hazard database to communicate information to all internal areas of the company.
- Perform periodic audits to ensure hazard communication and transportation data accuracy and quality.
- Assist in review and update of SDS from contract and 3rd party manufacturers.
- Provide internal support for questions concerning hazard assessments, transportation classification and waste management.
- Maintain knowledge of domestic and international chemical inventories and lists for populating regulatory information section of SDS.
- Maintain transportation (DOT, IATA, IMDG) certifications.
- Assist in developing and updating procedures on SDS processes.
- Associates or Undergraduate Degree in Business, Engineering, Chemistry or Science
- Strong interest in Chemistry, Engineering, Safety, Environmental or equivalent field.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in safety data sheet (SDS) authoring and regulatory compliance
- Experience with 3E MSDgen preferred as well as experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and personalities
- Ability to maintain self-motivation in independent work atmosphere.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple project and prioritize workload.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to speak French is preferred but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.