Position Overview: Support manufacturing activities efficiently and safely within the established quality and safety standards by receiving raw materials and performing identification testing including color, odor, and appearance testing along with FTIR in a fast-paced cGMP environment. Analyze data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines.
- Receipt, sampling, and storage of raw materials (MP) per quality and safety requirements.
- Perform inspections and documentation verification of incoming raw material shipments to insure compliance to quality requirements.
- Perform raw material identification testing such as color, odor appearance and FTIR.
- Complete training requirements on hazardous materials shipping and handling.
- Adhere to GMP’s/SOP’s housekeeping standards and all site safety policies.
- Comply 100% with all documentation requirements (OTC, Cleaning, safety checklist, etc.)
- Clean and sanitize equipment as required.
- Assist in warehouse receiving functions, as needed.
- Supports the Unit of Production (UP) regarding the receiving and quality control of raw materials.
- Undertakes all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with L’Oréal specifications and test methods.
- Works in compliance with L’Oreal and GMP requirements.
- Experienced with Root Cause Analysis, ability to troubleshoot out-of-specification results, and perform OOS investigations.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues.
- Ability to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate.
- Excels at interpersonal communication and able to form effective relationships across departments.
- Knowledge of standard computer systems such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience using SAP desired.
- May be asked to lead various quality initiatives or projects.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Demonstrate basic essential mathematical skills of addition and subtraction;
- Must be able to read and understand scales calibrated in metric format and be able to use the metric system in all aspects of this position.
- Previous training in Processing is a plus.
- Must be willing to work a swing/off shift schedule
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Qualify to wear respirators
- Ability to lift 25 kilograms (50 pounds).
- Knowledge of and ability to use relevant laboratory tools and equipment.
- Able to determine color and odor.
- Must work well in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills.
- Good, clean safety habits.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Self-starter; enthusiastic to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Must be able to work overtime during the week and on weekends when requested.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.