JOB SUMMARY: Coordinator Company Store, New York - responsible for participating in store operations with high emphasis on the efficient operation of the stockroom including but not limited to Inventory: stocking, receiving, ordering, customer service and merchandising.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES – Coordinator responsible for participating in all store operations, including but not limited to inventory control, customer service, merchandising, security, customer safety and report reconciliation. Responsible for the following tasks according to L’Oreal policy and procedures and at the direction of Sr. Coordinator and Manager.
- Stock shelves and receive pallets independently and promptly, as stock is received and in an equitable fashion, as part of a shared responsibility for stores with more than one coordinator
- Inventory is maintained and appropriate orders are received and processed daily as directed by Sr. Coordinator and Manager
- Uphold accurate records regarding receivers, damages, inventory adjustments and negative stock situations daily and monthly
- Maintain a neat and organized stock room and store appearance, including, but not limited to arranging stock and assisting with promotions
- Communicate stock level changes to retail store team daily
- Assist with yearly physical inventory procedure
- Employees/Customers are satisfied with good product display and selection and customers are serviced in a courteous manner
- Work is being done efficiently and promptly with emphasis on promoting additional sales when possible. Present sales ideas to supervisor monthly
- Assist to resolve customer questions, suggestions and complaints on a daily basis
- Preciseness and accuracy with POS register and cash handling applications in a fast paced, high transaction volume, environment including nightly close out - registers proved nightly and all paperwork completed in accordance with procedures and guidelines
- Assist in the preparation of monthly promotions at the store level
- Maintain a professional and courteous working relationship with local Human Resources and Management while assuring all corporate policies are followed
- Special projects as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and PREVIOUS TRAINING
- High School or equivalent coupled with a minimum of three to four year’s retail/merchandising and stock keeping experience in the cosmetics or personal care field, including inventory experience
- Professional and neat appearance for retail environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation and networking skills
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast paced environment with composure, as well as independently. Early/late hours as well as scheduled overtime is required. Saturday schedule includes one per month during January to September, a minimum of two in October, and in November and December open every Saturday.
- May require local travel, regular assignment at another L’Oreal Company Store(s). Must be flexible
- Travel out of state required a minimum of twice a year for training meeting in Spring and Fall or new store openings
- Demonstrated team player with flexible work ethic
- Regular lifting of up-to 40 lbs. required, with regular squatting, kneeling, bending, and extended periods on your feet.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Office – Excel (v-lookup/pivot tables), Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, contacts, scheduling and task management
- Preciseness and accuracy with POS register and cash handling applications in a fast paced, high transaction volume, environment is required.
- Creative/Innovative - new retail concepts to keep the retail space contemporary
- Salesforce or other e-Commerce platform experience a plus
- Cosmetology license, salon experience and advanced fashion / design / merchandising or marketing a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of mobility platforms/phone apps, motion graphics, widgets and social media applications (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Blogging, etc.) a plus
- E-Commerce skills which includes trends, strategies, and techniques to enhance the online customer experience a plus
- This position will not have anyone reporting to them, though must be able to open/close the store(s) and perform daily store operations with reliability and independently
This position is part of a retail environment in our New York office working 36.25 hours per week plus OT on Saturday, and as such, requires duties and responsibilities closely associated with a public retail environment. This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position. Work hours, locations, and days of operation are subject to change, based on the needs of the business and the position as directed by your supervisor and full flexibility is required.
This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA, and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.