Do you have a flair for figures and an analytical mindset? Do you want to be challenged and developed within your area of expertise? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and dare to take responsibility? Then you might be just the talent we are looking for to strengthen our Credit team in our HQ in Copenhagen as the Credit Specialist for our Finnish market.
The Credit Specialist is responsible for ensuring timely cash collection through continuous monitoring and collaboration with customer and internal stakeholders. The Credit analyst coordinates all credit related activities according to defined Credit policy for Finland to ensure a clear and risk optimum process for customers and L’Oréal. The role reports to Nordic Credit Manager.
Your key job accountabilities:
- Enforcement of payment terms
- Follow-up and retrieve customer payments for all invoices
- Manage the blocking and releasing of orders with credit issues or risks
- Ensure that Customer accounts are in good order
- Resolve all situations related to litigations and claims involving deliveries, deductions, commercial deals and returns
- Monitor credit KPIs
- Build and ensure a communication flow to inform commercial counterparts in Finland about potential credit issues
- Contribute with country expertize on defining and updating the Credit policy
- Escalate action on overdue accounts
- Manage Credit risk of Finnish Customer portfolio
- You have experience with credit management or other relevant experience from AR or Collection
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of credit and collection related legislation
- You have excellent communication skills, and are fluent in English and Finnish
- You have strong cost management skills, as well as detailed analysis skills
- You have strong negotiation and customer relation skills
- You have process development skills, and are able to navigate in a complex environment
- You are a skilled Excel user (Pivot). SAP skills is an advantage, but not a requirement
We are looking for our Credit Specialist to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. We are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting for 500 employees.
Who are we?
L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents, and has a unique international portfolio of 34 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 26.9 billion euros in 2018 corresponding to a 7.1% increase from 2017. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation.
We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. We believe in protecting our planet in order for us all to thrive, and L’Oréal’s sustainability strategy “Sharing Beauty With All” sets ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain. L’Oréal has been recognized by CDP® for our sustainability commitments and the Ethisphere Institute, for the standard of ethical business practices, a 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company®. In 2018 L’Oréal also received the 1st Prize for Europe by Equileap in gender equality.
Join L’Oréal. Lead the change.