We are looking for an experienced Development Head to join our NYX Professional Makeup team within the Supply Chain division of L’Oréal USA. In this position, you will be managing a team that is responsible for multi-tasking, schedule negotiating, trouble-shooting, and serving as a motivational liaison that keeps our ship smoothly on course. To do this you will be working closely with a diverse team of product developers, marketers, designers, supply chain team, and manufacturers of beauty products. In addition, as the lead of this Department you will be the driver of process improvement and the overall owner and gatekeeper of the Launch Process.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Lead a team of Project Managers
- Work with a passionate product development and marketing teams who never want to settle for second best
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key partners and stakeholders including manufacturing focused personnel, technical savvy engineers, and abstract creative thinkers
- Anticipate, Assess & Manage Risks related to timing, quality & cost
- Create & Execute launch timelines, track the progress of projects to ensure on-time execution
- Facilitate meetings, coordinating schedule, minutes, tracking sheets and follow ups
- Coordinate release, approval, and storage of Artwork Files
- Integrator of the Launch Process
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (business, engineering, supply chain)
- 5+years of experience in project management, product development, packaging or operations
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Must be team oriented and able to create strong relationships with all cross functional partners
- Comfortable managing conflict, problem solving and negotiating
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal), to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization and our vendors. This includes large audiences, emails, conference calls, brain storming sessions, and one on ones
- Good organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information
- Proficient PC skills - Capable of building presentations on Excel and/or PowerPoint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.