Job: Director Human Resources – NJ Manufacturing
Job Summary: Responsible for overseeing HR generalist initiatives for employees in L’Oreal USA’s Franklin Manufacturing Plant. Acts as a business partner with functional groups to attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage people. In addition, this position will anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs to align with the overall business strategy.
- Recruitment – Define and implement full-time and campus recruitment strategy for the site
- Integration - Oversee the integration of all new employees through FIT(onboarding program) and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Employee development - Strategically manage careers on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities while utilizing the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Succession planning – Partner with functional areas to define the Succession Plan for the site. Monitor and drive the bench strength, identify high potential talent, oversee career-pathing and management development.
- Organizational effectiveness - Influence and help adapt the organization to align with business objectives and design and optimize organizational capabilities.
- Workforce planning - Evaluate recommendation for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Retention strategies - Analyze, identify and drive recommendations on retention program strategy
- Employee relations - Translate work environment vision, provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management
- Total rewards compensation management - Collaborate with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels & plan content to assess market competitiveness, including base salary & bonus plans.
- HR policies & programs - Lead development, communication and implementation of strategic HR programs.
- Performance management – Drive performance management through business partnership, coaching, counseling and disciplinary programs
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field; 7-10 years progressive HR generalist experience.
- Must have experience as an HR Generalist in a union environment; union contract negotiation a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and service orientation with a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness.
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of brand, category, retail dynamics, competitors, market trends and consumers.
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change.
- Compensation – In-depth understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same.
- Legal - Significant understanding of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity
- employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial - Solid knowledge of P & L, including budget process
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.