Tipo de Emprego: Tempo Integral
Localização: New Jersey - Clark
DIRECTOR CONSTRUCTION AMERICAS ZONE
- To manage the construction projects in the zone. Together with Project Manager, this role is responsible for selecting consultants, organizing tenders, negotiating the terms of the transaction, setting up the project teams and managing the project.
- To support the advisers for the due diligence of a new location.
- To implement and ensure the application of the Group’s real estate policy (environment, work place, digital, security, safety).
- To coordinate the real estate projects with the finance, legal, and HR departments. This role is in charge of set the business plan of the projects.
- Ensure compliance with all L’Oréal real estate requirements and all local governmental regulations.
- Ensure compliance with L’Oréal’s sustainability goals.
- Develop, implement and manage to budget for each real estate project.
- Partner and provide expertise to senior management in all operating zones.
- Partner and provide timely information to colleagues in the Global CRE.
- Continually benchmark best in class property management internally as well as external to L’Oréal.
- Build and support local project teams across the whole zone.
- Able to optimize and follow up budgets and schedule for all kind of construction projects
- To ensure that all objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and to appropriate quality standards.
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including quality, safety, time, cost, technical and performance parameters.
- Identifying and ensuring that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health, environment and sustainability issues.
- Be the representative of the Project outside the internal organization
- Animate and prepare the Steering Committees presentations
- Following the budget and associated trends
- Offers Planning to the Steering Committee
- Prepares the files for the selection of subcontractors for validation
- Resolves (creation/shutdown), organizes, and anime necessary project groups
- Evaluates the proposals of the working groups and their impact on the project
- Inform the Steering Committee of the decisions taken during the project or go back to the Steering Committee proposals for draft decisions for groups
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilized throughout project.
- Project planning, including producing the detailed project plan.
- Managing the change control process.
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances.
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications.
- Process improvement – Identifying ways in which internal systems and processes can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager.
- Key information and data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained.
The Director of Construction will be accountable and responsible for overseeing the following key areas:
- To take on the lead role representative for all operation matters (budget, design, compliance, contracts, coordination, execution and delivery) will serve as the project manager as the local/regional expert in real estate matters in any major operation.
- To oversee all project stages, from investment planning, to site location, layout concept, project implementation, design and work execution, delivery and commissioning. FM procedures and energy performance will be integrated in all the project stages.
- To interface with internal end-users with external partners, such as architects, engineering companies, vendors, consultants, contractors etc.
ASSET MANAGEMENT & TRANSVERSE PROJECTS:
- To implement, follow up with and report on the corporate property audits.
- To monitor and follow up with the seismic evaluations and related action plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Have qualifications in Architecture, Engineering or a related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience of track record in both: 1) a major construction company, real estate developer or a Project Management company. Project management experience, preferably gained within the general construction, research or industrial environment desirable.
- Awareness of various regulations, construction standards, across Americas. International experience desirable.
- Must have knowledge in the area of Environmental requirements, Health standards, Hygiene, Safety, Security and Sustainability.
- Experience in Contract Management.
- Experience in various construction project typologies (office/factory/lab/ warehouse) is a plus.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish. Excellent oral and written communication, able to deal with end-users and capable of producing an executive summary.
- Must be able to be a team player and team leader always demonstrating respect for individuals.
- A thorough understanding of the total project life cycle, from project preliminary conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion, commissioning and post-project review.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Experience of leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team for medium sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Experience of or sensitivity in the environment matters.
- Detailed working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated professional integrity and ethics.
- Performance driven seeking rigor and quality results.
- High sense of urgency and able to support pressure.
- Strong influencing skill to the senior levels of management.
- Takes personal responsibility to complete actions & resolve issues.
- Encourages active participation & positive contribution from all.
- Works with others, both internally and externally, to achieve project and/or industrial goals.
- Provides direction about the best way to undertake difficult task.
- Shows clear determination to achieve goals that have been set.
- Remains resilient despite obstacles, disappointments or challenges at work.
- Motivated for additional responsibilities when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
◄ Voltar a lista de vagas