Job Title: IT Operations (Application Systems) Lead
Company: L’Oréal USA
Group: Americas Infrastructure Group
Location: Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
As IT Lead , Operations (Application Systems) you will report directly to the Assistant Vice President (AVP), IT Operations for the Americas of L’Oréal. Your peers will be the functional direct reports to the AVP, IT Operations Americas. You will provide leadership to the Infrastructure Applications team, focused on the Operational Management for Cloud (AWS/Azure) and On Premise Application Support
You will provide leadership, knowledge and guidance to the Application Operations team members in regards to the Change Management, Release Management, and Knowledge Management administration ensuring the highest levels of Operational Excellence is delivered across L’Oreal Americas zone. You will get to build and develop relationships within L’Oreal, ensuring Managed Service Providers and Zone Operation Leaders are aligned with the L’Oreal Americas Zone Operations.
And you'll build and develop a team by mentoring, coaching, and educating the Operations Application Systems team members on the current L’Oreal Americas Operational Procedures, ensuring that highest service levels of service are consistently provided in compliance with L’Oréal IT standards and methodologies
As a key leader for the L’Oréal Americas Operations team, the position will require operational excellence, technical expertise and practical implementation experience to continually advance the Company’s IT service delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as one of the key “right-hand” technical hands-on - to the AVP IT Operations for the Americas while providing leadership to the broader teams,
- Overseeing the Application functions of the Operations Application Systems team(s) within the overall Americas Infrastructure group
- Responsible for managing the Application Systems team (DevOps, DBA’s, and Application Support team members) and ensuring Operational tasks are being completed according to schedule
- Oversee application quality and integrity when critical production issues arise, ensuring proper communication with business, infrastructure and application support teams
- Provide technical insight and direction to the Operations Application Systems team; collaborate with leads across L’Oreal IT to lead the operational aspects of project delivery
- Provide in-depth technical and hands-on leadership in the design & development and efficient operation of comprehensive, business oriented data management solutions
- Strategically shape the technical road map definition for efficient cloud operations, establish software development and process best practices
- Manage a fast tracked implementation of moving On Premise applications to Amazon Web Service/Azure while ensuring budgets and timelines are consistently met
- Continually expand the knowledge of the team by mentoring and hosting skills development initiatives within the Operations Application Systems team
- Responsible for ensuring Database architecture, design and automation is configured/deployed to ensure high availability of business applications
- Responsible for ensuring database administration tasks including upgrades, security patches, backups/ restores, space allocation, etc on Development, Test, Staging, and Production database instances are planned and executed in line with the L’Oreal Change Management Process
- Experience managing and leading agile development efforts faced with high pressure, budget constraints, and the ability to exhibit technical skills to gain trust of the application and development teams
- Ideal candidate must possess operations background and understand operations in a Global Organization
- Provide leadership in the areas of customer support and interaction, adherence to policies and processes, coordination with other IT development and support groups
- Expert at multitasking with a broad knowledge across infrastructure (i.e. Servers, Storage, Network, Cloud Solutions (Azure and AWS), etc,
- Acquire solid understanding of the culture of L’Oréal Americas and the client service demands,
- Ability to mentor members of the team in both technological, process and career perspective
- Possess above average oral/written/phone/ and presentation skills,
- Engage vendors or other 3rd party support as needed, monitor and achieve technical issues resolution
- Willingness to learn, be a team player and a strong cross functional partner
- Willingness to operate in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) environment.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Must possess hands-on operations / DevOps background with minimum of 10+ years’ experience
- Minimum 2 AWS or Azure implementations
- Knowledge of the following DevOps tools Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, FishEye, Crucible, and Bamboo), Tibco Layer 7, Chef, SoapUI, Jasmine, Fortify, and JMeter
- 5 years or more in a global environment
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently within a demanding client centric environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader with a high level of initiative
- Ability to interface with various levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is desired
- Profession certification (i.e. PMP, ITIL) strongly preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish / Portuguese is a plus.
Normal office environment of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (flexible). Peak activity period several times a year. General potential for off hour support as required. Limited travel.
POTENTIAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Opportunities within L’Oréal in the Americas and InternationalWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.