Tipo de Emprego: Tempo Integral
Localização: New Jersey - Piscataway
The Director, Industrial Quality (IQ) is a member of the manufacturing
plant management committee and reports directly to the Plant Manager. It is responsible
for providing the direction and means to assure the quality of products under
the plant’s supervision in conformity with the L’Oreal group standards and
specifications. Leads a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and
- Ensure knowledge and practice of the L’Oreal group’s quality systems and procedures within the Plant.
- Direct all IQ operations and ensure compliance to all governmental legal regulations
- Anticipate and identify needs (in terms of new technologies, changing regulations, etc.) and adapt resources
- Prepare and manage operating and investment budgets
- Oversee Process Expertise function
- Interface with suppliers and purchasing for all quality related issues
- Participating in the evaluation and career development decisions affecting employees working in the Quality disciplines (functional, operational) in cooperation with the Technical and HR Departments
- Ensure compliance with product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures to reflect relevant changes. Trains IQ staff on all new procedures
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses
- Manages a department of approx. 20+ employees and is responsible for their performance management and professional development
- Enforce quality, equipment hygiene and sanitation standards in all Americas factories
- Oversee the implementation of best practices to drive quality improvement
- Work with the Pilot Plant and R&D teams to investigate and remediate quality failures
- Respectfully, through words and actions, lead, coach and develop the logistics team encouraging 100% employee engagement.
- Manage and implement all L’Oréal policies and practices.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other scientific discipline with commensurate quality assurance / quality management experience
- 10+ years of operational factory experience with focus in quality management / quality assurance in the food, drug or cosmetic industry
- A minimum of 5+ years of managerial experience in Quality in the manufacture of Cosmetics, Skin care, Hair care, and/or fragrances strongly preferred.
- Progressive career history in the development and implementation of quality systems with oversight of QA, QC, validation, product release, CAPA and problem solving.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to identify issues and generate solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) and the ability to use an ERP warehouse management system.
- Strong knowledge of Microbiology, GMPs, FDA/ISO guidelines, Quality and Hygiene regulations for the manufacturing of food, consumer or pharmaceutical products is essential
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or English/Portuguese a definite plus
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to present information clearly and train others
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information
- A thorough leadership track record demonstrated by proven results through collaboration and empowerment
- Energetic leader able to rally the team behind a common vision that includes accuracy, attention to detail, empowerment, sense of urgency and achievement of outstanding results.
- Travel required - estimate 10 %+
◄ Voltar a lista de vagas