Responsible for Americas R&D Opex and Capex sourcing strategy, in close partnership with business stakeholders. Manage and implement sourcing strategies across Americas R&D to optimize cost while enhancing overall value across various initiatives. Engage into strategic sourcing, stakeholder management, supplier management, continuous cost and performance improvement, and innovation. Drive compliance to L’Oreal Corporate Internal Controls rules and train the R&I organization. Expected to demonstrate a high level of category knowledge, as well as leadership, communication, analytical and financial skills to promote positive working relationships with business partners and suppliers.
- Lead the R&D sourcing team around common goals of performance and continuous process improvement and foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration to create a high performance team. Attract, motivate, develop and retain talent in the R&D sourcing department.
- Develop strong relationships with business leaders/stakeholders in the organization and be recognized as a valued partner and influence business decisions. Work collaboratively with US and Global Sourcing teams to leverage common suppliers and processes.
- Drive the sourcing process and category strategy, including spend analysis, needs assessment, developing effective RFx’s, supplier bid evaluations, negotiations and implementation plan. Responsible for the R&D implementation of a new Sourcing enterprise tool for L’Oreal.
- Lead a broad range of commercial and business contract negotiations working closely with L’Oreal’s finance, legal and R&D business partners, ensuring the most optimal terms and conditions. Investigate and research existing and emerging technologies, equipment or materials as well as new innovations.
- Responsible for the delivery of specific cost savings in alignment with overarching goals and objectives with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Deliver results in key performance areas including cost reduction and cost avoidance, budget execution and payment conditions.
- Manage key supplier relationships through periodic meetings and scorecards. Provide supplier risk assessment (Financial, IT security, Social, etc) and pro-actively develop mitigation plans.
- Lead the implementation of a new R&D global inventory system to track scientific asset utilization and optimize cost (maintenance contracts) and quality, in collaboration with facilities and quality teams.
- Key L’Oreal R&D point of contact for audit and compliance to Sourcing internal controls rules, delivery of compliance and sourcing training, and tracking of training/effectiveness metrics.
- Perform other ad-hoc related duties as required.
Your experience / education:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience strategic sourcing and category management.
- In-depth knowledge managing sourcing and/or purchasing of equipment and service negotiation (which includes pricing analysis, pricing methodologies, contracting, maintenance and life cycle management)
- Strong leadership and management skills and ability to influence decision.
- Strong project management, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Autonomous with high level of drive and energy
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.