POSITION: Director- Store Marketing
REPORTS TO: Asst. Vice President of Marketing
STAFF Marketing Manager
LOCATION: Saint Petersburg, FL (SalonCentric National Operating Center)
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
Lead strategic vision, planning, development and execution of all marketing programs, retail events and POP merchandising materials for all SalonCentric stores. Create a compelling shopping experience through innovative programs and impactful in-store materials in order to grow store sales and build loyalty to SalonCentric. Leverage print and digital communications vehicles to promote in-store events and drive traffic.
This position requires extensive cross-functional collaboration with multiple internal and external business stakeholders including the Store Operations, Store Visual Merchandising, Store Education, Brand and Digital Marketing teams. The ability to bring innovative ideas and quickly identify solutions is imperative in SalonCentric’s fast-paced developing and evolving business environment.
Lead strategy and ongoing management of in-store digital signage including internal and external communication.
Oversee non-digital marketing initiatives for Stores including developing marketing programs to drive traffic / attendance / sales as well as to create branded experiences across all touch points
Lead Planning, Production and Delivery of Store Marketing Materials
- Manage interior / exterior branding for SalonCentric Stores
- Identify marketing and promotional support needed for store initiatives including visual merchandising, collateral materials, traffic driving communications (e.g. support for Sales, grand openings, educational events, Airstream, special projects, delivery program)
- Collaborate with Marketing, Store, Education and Digital teams to promote key SalonCentric initiatives to store customers via in-store signage and other POP collateral
- Manage and promote digital studio program in stores including communication with vendor and teams. Look for ways to enhance program and store experience through digitalization.
- Provide clear creative direction to Creative Services and critically evaluate artwork to optimize visual impact and communication. Ensure all materials are visually appealing, have a compelling call to action and are tailored to an in-store environment
- Source merchandising and promotional items (e.g. displays, gifts-with-purchase, store associate pins, fixtures, POP collateral.)
- Manage production and delivery of monthly Visual Merchandising update packages for SalonCentric on time and within budget. Coordinate logistics such as quantities, shipping, and dimensions with Creative Services, Store Team & outside vendors
- Oversee contents of monthly brand marketing materials and promotions to be featured on tags & talkers
Conceive and Implement In-Store Promotional Events & Sales
- Oversee Store Promotional Plan and ensure there are sufficient promotions and animations to drive traffic and build customer loyalty each month. Supplement national promotional calendar with store-specific events and animations where necessary.
- Collaborate with Store Operations and Promotional Planning to develop and execute storewide-sales and clearance programs
- Lead creative development of Promotional Events and sales including overall theme and event components such as contests, giveaways, gifts-with-purchase, store signage and POP materials as well as communications plans (social media, CRM, website, App etc.). Ensure that events stay “fresh” and on-trend by continually updating execution, introducing new components and designing new programs.
- Direct Creative Services to bring events to life via exciting and impactful, event names, taglines & visual identity.
- Leverage internal / external communications vehicles to promote Store Events and maximize traffic including Social Media, CRM, website, brand communications vehicles, trade publications etc.
Influence Brand Partners’ Store Marketing Strategies & In-Store Collateral
- Lead Store Marketing Opportunities bidding & selection process. Publish annual Store Marketing Opportunities Guide outlining program participation criteria and execution details to Brands. Collaborate with Store, Promotional Planning and Marketing teams to ensure that key Brand initiatives are properly supported in stores.
- Maintain and publish Store Promotional Calendar on a monthly basis. Manage changes & requests from Brands. Make recommendations for accommodating Brand requests and for filling open slots based on strategic priorities
- Direct & review brand-provided promotional and permanent merchandising materials ensure they are impactful, effective, meet Store specifications and are delivered on time
- Coordinate annual Store Marketing Guide to define processes for Store placement opportunities, collateral, material specifications, dimensions, deadlines, shipping requirements etc.
- Conduct regular trainings with Brand Marketing teams and Sub distributor Owners on retail marketing best practice, what materials are most effective at SalonCentric and processes.
Optimize Effectiveness of Store Marketing initiatives
- Monitor key competitors and identify best retail marketing & merchandising practices across all industries including staying abreast of new technologies that are being successfully leveraged in retail environments. Make recommendations for implementing at SalonCentric.
- Visit Stores on a regular basis to identify opportunities for new programs and merchandising as well as enhancements to existing programs / materials
- Conduct informal / formal market research with store shoppers and store associates to optimize results.
- Continuously seek opportunities for SalonCentric to gain a competitive advantage by elevating the store environment or the customer shopping experience. Proactively propose new approaches and formats. Work with Store Team to test recommendations.
- Manage Store Marketing Budget and continually seek opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies
- 8+ years Retail Marketing or related experience. Additional experience in visual merchandising, brand management, advertising and digital marketing desirable.
- Creative thinker who can translate marketing vision into impactful and innovative programs that continually “surprise and delight” our customers while also achieving strategic objectives & priorities.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to direct cross-functional team to achieve successful execution on time, within budget and in line with strategic direction.Must be solutions-oriented and persistent in the face of objections and obstacles.
- Track record of building strong cross-functional relationships and influencing other departments to achieve results.
- Excellent aesthetic sensibility and strong understanding of retail copywriting. Able to provide clear creative & copy direction to Creative Services. Success in demanding quality creative execution by providing constructive feedback to enhance impact and effectiveness of communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Marketing, Advertising, Retail Management majors preferred
- Some travel required for store visits and meetings
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.