Cargo: Research & Innovation
Tipo de posição: Permanent
Tipo de emprego: Full - Time
País: South Africa
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Fuel upstream pipeline with formulas / technological platforms / concepts meeting the innovation objectives of the domain, in close collaboration with worldwide domain team.
1. Design and maximise robust formulation platforms that can be cascaded into winning formulas matching the defined performance objectives:
2. Lead "pre-development" projects while guaranteeing that deadlines, environmental engagements and cost requirements are met:
? Develop new formula, optimize/reformulate existing products and support subsequent scale-up in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
? Source and obtain all appropriate raw material samples with the Raw material team.
? Work as a hands-on hair formulator, with general direction and with minimum supervision: formulate and prepare laboratory batches and assist with scale-up of assigned product formulations.
? Maintain a legible and accurate record of all pertinent data and testing in a laboratory notebook, including a detailed manufacturing procedure. Note any critical observations during laboratory experiments
? Develop product specifications by evaluating physical/chemical properties of raw materials and formulations (viscosity, specific gravity, microscopic examination, pH, etc.)
? Conduct physical stability testing (at controlled temperatures) necessary to evaluate robustness of candidate formulas, as well as any other test / investigation needed.
? Resolve formulation issues and any technical problems including scale up
? Create, review and approve technical documents to support developmental projects (i.e. ingredient statements, manufacturing formula batch cards, formula costs, etc.)
3. Transfer platforms / formulas to Development while sharing expertise and retaining a leader role in project follow-up;
4. Be the guarantor of quality, safety and sustainable development commitments;5. Participate in the development of expertise and know-how (market knowledge, new conception methods etc.)
6. Stay abreast of industry trends, equipment, facilities, materials and procedures used for the manufacture of pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
EDUCATION KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Hold a Masters Degree or more, specialized in physical chemistry/formulation with at least a 3-years’ experience in Formulation:
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
CREATIVITY INSPIRED BY CONSUMERS
ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR INNOVATION
COOPERATIVE LEADERSHIP FOR INNOVATION