Come and be a part of the exciting and dynamic world of L'Oréal USA as a Human Resources (HR) Intern! We are currently looking for a 12-month intern to work with our HR Teams in NY and NJ. This extraordinary paid internship opportunity requires a candidate which is currently in their senior year of college or has graduated with a degree within the last 12 months and is able to work up to 40 hours per week in either/both NY and NJ. This internship will provide an opportunity to build a foundational knowledge in HR and learn the beauty industry. The qualified individual will work on challenging projects, learn and be developed by our world class HR team and will gain exposure to our top talent and senior executives. Throughout the internship, the incumbent will also work with multiple HRIS and reporting systems while experiencing hands-on HR generalist tasks. If you love people, are passionate about beauty and possess an entrepreneurial spirit, this is the role for you!
- HR Generalist duties which include onboarding new employees, managing HR workflows, facilitating employee moves, organizing new hires for orientation, preparing organizational charts, managing and analyzing HR reports, prepping meeting materials, maintaining HR records, managing applicant flow and the interview process for junior HR talent, drafting HR announcements, and ordering supplies.
- HR Specialist responsibilities include employee relations event management (ex. Bring Your Child to Work Day, Volunteer Day) and coordination including all of the logistics from invites and catering to managing presenters and assisting with content.
- Administrative and compliance duties such as managing employee files and supporting documentation to ensure accurate and complete employee records, organizational charts, applicant flow records, announcements etc.
- Support HR team which may include calendar scheduling and maintenance, travel and expense reporting, preparing meeting presentations, etc.
- HR Special projects/responsibilities as defined by department management.
- Recruitment responsibilities such as phone screening and scheduling candidates, while also focuing on the candidate experience.
- Candidates must be enrolled in their senior year of college or have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Have excellent organizational skills, keen eye for attention to detail and proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Have demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities
- Possess cross cultural awareness and high emotional intelligence
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic and sense of confidentiality
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, contacts, scheduling and task management required
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation and networking skills
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast paced environment with composure, as well as independently
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA, and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.