Co-Op – Business Development
California Research Center (CRC)
San Francisco, CA
The L’Oreal California Research Center (CRC) combines a startup-like, fast-paced environment with large organization resources to collaborate with top universities and startups in California. The CRC was created to nurture innovation, cutting edge technologies and research. The projects range from flexible electronics, digital health, wearable sensors, medical devices, tools for in vivo imaging, tissue engineering, biophysics, synthetic biology, biochemistry, clinical biology, and new functionalized cell models.
The mission is to grow and build scientific programs, publish in scientific journals, and foster collaborations with key academic laboratories and startups. The center is located in the QB3 startup incubator at Mission Bay, San Francisco.
The Business Development Co-Op will work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of scientists, engineers, project managers, legal, patents, finance and other executives to advance strategic initiatives within L’Oreal.
- Prepare competitive analyses, intellectual property landscaping, and benchmark L’Oreal products and opportunities against competitors
- Perform due diligence on business opportunities and deliver recommendations to the management team
- Financial modeling and valuation analysis to support business cases
- Assist on term sheet and contract negotiation
- Identify and qualify new technologies and startups of interest to L’Oreal
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Current Junior/Senior or up to 1yr Post Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Enrolled in top MBA program (PhD a plus)
- Expertise in building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships, including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, business intelligence and financial analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Knowledge of intellectual property, contracts, negotiation, technology transfer and the latest technologies
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and computer skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.