Job Title: Manager, Self-Assist Strategic Planning
Division: Wholesale Sales
Supervisor Title: Director, Wholesale Sales Self-Assist
Location: New York Office
The Manager of Strategic Planning is responsible for sell-in of a forecasted dollar volume into the retail account(s). Strategic Planner will play an instrumental role in the planning and execution of Kiehl’s marketing initiatives for each account. Act as key liaison between Kiehl’s and the assigned account(s). Interact with buying office in all aspects of the ordering process to ensure the company’s net goals are met. Participate in negotiating new distribution opportunities including space and location, capital agreements and opening orders. Perform all administrative functions for their account(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director, Self-Assist and Marketing to develop and propose Retailer Strategy for assigned account(s): Key Product Focuses, Retailer Specific Animations, Gifting, Sampling, Digital, Evets, etc.
- Manage all account(s) stock and sales plans; negotiate with retailer on the shipments and order flow; managing retailer shipping schedules
- Create and plan all presentations for management and retailer meetings
- Sales Reporting: Send weekly report to Sales and cross-functional teams
- Retrieve weekly audited retail sales directly from retailers
- Category analysis to identify key business drivers
- Administrative: Maintain retailer side by side calendars for Self-Assist Field, track processes with cross functional team (i.e. planogram updates, digital asset delivery, etc.), enter allowance requests into Leap for approval and management, work with Self-Assist Coordinator on Item Set-Up Form, Excel Schematic Planograms, and all other retailer form requirements.
Judgement and Decision Making:
- Work with Director, Self-Assist on the planning of Net and Retail Sales, and Allowances for Self-Assist Accounts
- Forecast Monthly Shipments and Retails by Account, working closely with Sales Admin and adjusting based on business needs
- Participate in the 3-Year Planning and Trend Projections by Account
- Work closely with Self-Assist field team (STMs) sharing key Kiehl’s strategies for execution
- Validate annual Retail and Net goal by territory
- Partner with Sales Admin on allocations and prioritization of inventory
- Manage the logistics of disco/phase in’s/ reformulated product impact
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Cosmetic or retail management
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Ability to establish strong working relationship with buying group
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
- Must effectively monitor, analyze, interpret and communication business information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationship with buying groups
- Proficient computer skills necessary – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.