Tipo de posição: Permanent
Tipo de emprego: Part - Time
Local: Geneva - Vernier
In order to pursue the implementation of the personal data protection policies and support legal digital Projects, L’Oréal Switzerland has decided to create the role of a Legal Counsel – Data privacy & Digital.
Reporting to the Legal Director of L’Oréal Switzerland, you will be mainly focusing on the local implementation of the Group’s personal data protection policies and processes, for consumers, employees and service providers. You will ensure compliance with the applicable laws and handle internal and data subjects’ requests in a timely manner. You will be involved in projects aiming to digitalizing agreements and supporting e-commerce and marketing teams with their influencing strategy through social media and advertising campaigns. You will Monitor the Swiss and EU regulatory evolution on data protection (participate to conferences and training) and you will be in charge of creating internal awareness campaigns on the subject by regular internal communications and organizing data protection events.
What are the key duties of this role?
- Review data collection and use practices to ensure consistency and legal compliance; ensure documentation of processing activities and maintain a data protection register;
- Agree with IT security on relevant measures to guarantee compliance with data protection policies and procedures;
- Verify, adapt and translate standard data protection clauses for consumers, clients and service providers; negotiate and include them in providers’ and customers’ agreements in German, French and English;
- Assess digital tools’ privacy impact and make recommendations to ensure tools’ compliance;
- Implement the data security breach policy in cooperation with the Group Data Protection Officer and other relevant functions;
- Elaborate digital templates and ensure the update and expansion of the existing online agreements database;
What are the key skills L’Oréal is looking for?
- You have a law degree from a leading Swiss law School, a solid understanding of Swiss and EU law and at least 3 years of relevant experience in data protection law and commercial agreements acquired in either a legal department, law firm, Court or public authority’s offices.
- You have the ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way in order to prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- You have a sound understanding of IT/IS challenges and business stakes and you are competent in the use of IT tools.
- With your strong entrepreneurial spirit, your hands on approach and flexibility you manage multiple matters simultaneously without losing the attention of details.
- Your strong communication and negotiation skills allow you to foster deep collaborative relationships with stakeholders at all levels and functions of the company. You are a self-motivator, passionated and curious.
- You speak and write fluently in German, French and English.
What could L’Oréal offer me?
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE (careers.loreal.com)
At L’Oréal we aim to hire a diverse workforce:
“A diversified workforce in every function and on all levels strengthens our creativity and our understanding of consumers and it enables us to develop and market products that are relevant“
(Jean-Paul Agon, Chaiman and CEO of L’Oréal)